New Cabin Categories Showing on Carnival!

gargoyle999

We need to bump this thread, otherwise it seems that there are 3 new threads popping up because someone sees their category has changed and thinks this is new news. I can already see we will have 4 threads on this a day until folks all find out.

I posted a link to this one in the new posts I saw. :) I would say it maybe could be a sticky for a couple weeks until the dust settles. But I'm not sure if everyone notices those anyway.

Now that there are new categories for rooms, it will make it harder for Early Saver people to check for price drops. 3 months ago I booked a category 11 on the Spirit. It was an aft-wrap balcony. The changes have now divided the old category 11 rooms into 3 new groups-JS-OS-VS. VS is already sold out on my sailing which I was guessing would prohibit me from getting any price drop. I didn't think that was fair so I called up Carnival to check on that. I was told today that because the old category 11 was divided into 3 new groups that I could get a price reduction if any of the new groups-VS-OS-JS are cheaper than what I paid. I was told that JS was the cheapest of the 3, OS is in the middle, and VS was the most expensive. If your booking has received a change in the category number for your room, check with Carnival. Make sure you are watching for price drops in the right category to be eligible.

So what used to be a very simple booking system will now take a 20 page guide in order to discipher what it is.

Dave

Some of those categories sound like what HAL uses. :( I'm comfortable with Carnival's categories, I don't want to change. I don't like change...

Wow, That's great if we can still get the reduction. I submitted my claim form for my cat 11 now VS will see no if I get it. It's another $120.00 off.

Let us know what they say.

Remember the folks working today are not working for the department that does the OBC for price reductions, they only work during the week, so whomever gave that answer is probably the same folks who get folks off the phone when they ask and say sure submit the price reduction form, as the easy answer to get people off the phone.

Now that there are new categories for rooms, it will make it harder for Early Saver people to check for price drops. 3 months ago I booked a category 11 on the Spirit. It was an aft-wrap balcony. The changes have now divided the old category 11 rooms into 3 new groups-JS-OS-VS. VS is already sold out on my sailing which I was guessing would prohibit me from getting any price drop. I didn't think that was fair so I called up Carnival to check on that. I was told today that because the old category 11 was divided into 3 new groups that I could get a price reduction if any of the new groups-VS-OS-JS are cheaper than what I paid. I was told that JS was the cheapest of the 3, OS is in the middle, and VS was the most expensive. If your booking has received a change in the category number for your room, check with Carnival. Make sure you are watching for price drops in the right category to be eligible.

Did you get that in writing? :D I hope it's true, but I can see this being a case of "depends who you talk to".

My VS went up $240 for next Nov. But JS is now less than what I paid. Guess I'll have to try for a price reduction!

Gargoyle999--I did not get that in writing! :~) Actually, Lisa, the Carnival person I spoke with today, didn't think it sounded right that I wouldn't be eligible for any price reductions. She had to check with a supervisor to find out the answer she gave me. I certainly have it in the back of my mind that I might never get a price drop. I still have a great room with an outstanding balcony, and I definitely understand why Carnival is putting the aft-wraps in a higher price category. Maybe they don't plan on doing any price drops in the (Old 11) category for my cruise anyway so it is a mute point. I'm still keeping my eyes open for a price drop on the new JS category though. My fingers are crossed for Pacificoclan

More categories, fewer cabins per category, more categories sold out, more ES bookers get screwed.

:cool:

I don't know about that. I've booked the Sensation ES for April. So far the price has gone UP $50 pp, so in my mind I'm already $100 ahead by booking early. It seems a lot of folks are forgetting the idea is to save money by booking early and are seeing the ES rate as a roll of the dice for OBC.

So no matter how many cabin categories there are, if you book early with ES and prices go up, you win with ES.

Ed

I think when I get on board my formerly cat 11, now an OS, I'm going to subdivide it and create three new categories available for sub-lease.

Any takers for:

Bathroom and walk-in closet $200

Bed and sitting area $800

Balcony area including deck chairs $500?

We have a category 11 wrap for our Sept. 2010 Hawaii cruise. With the new categories, the price for the regular cat. 11's went down $120 pp and the wraps went up. I went ahead and submitted a lower fare request for the ES rate. Lo and behold, received the lower price confirmation this morning as a "good will gesture" from Carnival, due to the category restructuring. Woo hoo!! Gotta love Carnival and ES.:D

I think when I get on board my formerly cat 11, now an OS, I'm going to subdivide it and create three new categories available for sub-lease.

Any takers for:

Bathroom and walk-in closet $200

Bed and sitting area $800

Balcony area including deck chairs $500?

I don't know. Do I get walk-through privileges to get to my balcony and deck chairs or do I have to climb into them from outside? :D

Thought I would let you know that it worked!! Got a price adjusment of $120.00. They did let me know that my cabin assigment is now VS and would need to submit any other changes in that catagory. :)

Good thing you submitted your claim the day they changed the categories then!!! good deal.

So what used to be a very simple booking system will now take a 20 page guide in order to discipher what it is.

Dave

They'll also have to invent some new colors - as it is the website I use has too many similar colors - real difficlut to find those insides across from the availalbe balcony cabins.

This will only make it harder.

I booked a Cat.11 aft suite for 11/27/2010 a couple of months ago. I got on the Carnival web site the day they changed the catagory and saw the suite I booked was $80 pp ($160 total) without knowing they changed our suite to a VS, I filled out the ES form and they did honor the lower rate, I was very suprised.:) I did get an e-mail stating I would have to go by the VS rate for anymore ES rates and now I noticed the rates for the VS are even higher than I paid to start with. I guess I got lucky :D

Archived