New Cabin Categories Showing on Carnival!

gargoyle999

Thanks for the Answer about the "OS".. Where on Carnival.com did you see that info ? I must have missed it ? Thanks once more.. Kurt :)

If you pull up the cabin categories on one of the ships (I did the Glory) and click on staterooms and you can see the new categories there eg Cat 12 is now Grand Suite (GS)

PS Not all ship stateroom categories show the new naming conventions eg Fantasy does not show it yet

PS Not all ship stateroom categories show the new naming conventions eg Fantasy does not show it yet

Im in a port hole, and they are showing as same as 4As, and below them. I thought it was a mistake, but my PVP thinks not. They show on Conquest, but not yet on Ecstasy ... when they do she says we can change to a higher deck, since all the port holes will be the same class looks like ... so Im watching too :D

OS - Ooooh **** - what a wonderful room:D:D

Yea, I started to make a smart alecky comment about a suite that can see the ocean from the balcony .... imagine that!! :rolleyes:

I just booked a cruise on the Ecstasy next April for the first time the other day. I've checked back yesterday and today for price drops (lol-i'm anxious), and I have seen the price for my "category room" go up $100 and back to normal twice today. and now i am seeing the following below, yet there are no other categories after 8E to book until you get to 11 ( the verandah) on the website, but it is listing this out to the side:

Includes stateroom categories: 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E and 8F.

8M and 8N Extended Balcony.

9B Premium Balcony.

9C Premium Vista Balcony.

I just booked a cruise on the Ecstasy Includes stateroom categories: 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E and 8F.

8M and 8N Extended Balcony.

9B Premium Balcony.

9C Premium Vista Balcony.

wierd, since a couple days ago ecstasy showed SS categories, my PVP said probably was wrong, no such coming ... just like there are no cat 9s on Ecstasy, so I wouldnt have a 9B and 9C Im willing to bet. ... they are putting stuff up and then removing the wrong categories as they go it seems.

(unless they change the 11s, to 9s for pricing??)

Im in a port hole, and they are showing as same as 4As, and below them. I thought it was a mistake, but my PVP thinks not. They show on Conquest, but not yet on Ecstasy ... when they do she says we can change to a higher deck, since all the port holes will be the same class looks like ... so Im watching too :D

Firefly,

I hope that this will be the case since I am looking at booking some porthole rooms and wouldn't mind paying the Riviera deck price for a Main or Upper cabin :)

Firefly,

I hope that this will be the case since I am looking at booking some porthole rooms and wouldn't mind paying the Riviera deck price for a Main or Upper cabin :)

Look at Conquest, its already up that way. Same price for either 4A or PT category.

OK, so I was checking out the deckplans for the Dream. You know those former 4G's facing forward with a window? In the category descriptions, they show as 4J. They also show as 4J in my booking.

But on the deckplan, they are now colored red- the same as the 6A!

They dont look the same color on my computer. 6A is bright bright red, the 4J is maroon ... much closer in color to the 8F.

Im bummed, because I know this means they will cost more than before. I had really wanted to book one, and now the price will probably be as much as a regular OV on a lower level. I was eyeing them when they were only $10 more than I had paid for my 1a, but didnt move quickly enough and the price was gone the next morning ... I was this close to getting one on my upcoming cruise ... drat ... and now Carnival is pulling the prices way up on them.

you are right fire. I thought it was an issue of the key not being updated. But it looks like the key shows the other new categories just fine. So I think it has been updated, but they left off the 4J.

I am bummed too. I am looking forward to trying this one. And it was one of those things that only those who research would know to look for. It also makes it less likely to receive a price drop for those who are booked in them currently. :(

Wow... we just booked a 9A (deck 6 aft balcony) on the Valor for Dec 09 about 2 weeks ago. We were comparing between Valor and Glory the same cabin, same date, and the price is now 30% higher on the Glory on that cabin, which is now classified as a 9C. Valor is completely sold out so I'd guess we waited until the last possible moment.

OK, so I was checking out the deckplans for the Dream. You know those former 4G's facing forward with a window? In the category descriptions, they show as 4J. They also show as 4J in my booking.

But on the deckplan, they are now colored red- the same as the 6A!

Our travel agent has tent. booked us in 4J because that is the only reasonable room left right now unless we go up to a balcony. Super $$$$$$. We are trying to justify a balcony for the price of going on the Legend for Decmeber 26th. Can you share what you know? I see you are travelling just before we are. We are a family of 4 with two young children. Waiting for our agent to call us back back but I cannot fund anything online or in the brochures and nothing seems to match up! Is it the Vista, which I cannot find?

Help someone please! :confused:

Our travel agent has tent. booked us in 4J because that is the only reasonable room left right now unless we go up to a balcony. Super $$$$$$. We are trying to justify a balcony for the price of going on the Legend for Decmeber 26th. Can you share what you know? I see you are travelling just before we are. We are a family of 4 with two young children. Waiting for our agent to call us back back but I cannot fund anything online or in the brochures and nothing seems to match up! Is it the Vista, which I cannot find?

Help someone please! :confused:

Im not sure what you meant completely, but sounds like you are booked into a 4J, which some of us really want. It is a forward cabin right, all the way looking forward. There should be a "secret" (sorry, thats what CC calls them), deck outside your cabin where you can use it kinda as your own balcony and walk out and watch the sunsets. I had one like it on the Caribbean Princess and we loved going out there. Maybe a dozen people at the max time of day, usually no one out there, so thats why they call it secret, not many go out there. It is a full window, so you will have light coming in, but there is a wall outside your cabin blocking your view of the water, but you can see straight ahead and up, if you are in a port that has any elevation and can look out and see if its raining or the sun is up. Plus its on a high deck probably so more convenient.

If you are not prone to seasickness, its a great pick to me.

• 4 weeks later...

:mad:

I booked a aft wrap suite on the Pride prior to the recategorizing and was able to get one price reduction through early saver before they made the change. My suite is now a "VS" and the price is higher by about $200 than what I paid for it so now in order for me to get another early saver price drop it has to drop down over $200...which is unlikely to happen before we sail on 01/17/10. :(

I can't wait to find out what extra perks you'll get for booking a Vista Suite vs a Junior Suite. It sounds so much more impressive, Carnival must be going to include some "extras". :D

Since we are in the middle of trying to decide cabin type this really haelped us visualize what each is and what's available. I'm sure they will start to charge more for those wrap-around cabins though.

Does anyone know if the Splendor has any wrap suites? All I see are wrap standard balconies?

Archived