nyc pier parking

pvoris01

I should have been more clear.....I wasn't talking about having called the cruise line for this information. I called the Weehawken Ferry terminal.

all I can say is that others have reported being towed from Weehawken. My comment on calling their customer service was to point out as we all know CSR's anywhere are not always been right.

I also very much doubt that their tow trucks will be out on New years day towing people away so I wouldn't worry about that night.

There was an email address on the site for the Ferry. I wrote them this

"Can I park my car at Weehawken take the ferry to Manhattan and leave my car for ten days and nights and then take the ferry back? I have heard that they sometimes tow overnight long term parked cars."

lets see what a written reply we get? ok?

They are definitely towing cars. One of my employees lives around Totowa. He was driving his car to the ferry terminal and then going to the office via public transport. He was usually gone for 2-4 days at a time. He has a monthly ferry/parking pass, so wasn't worried about it. They didn't tow his car, but he was warned that if he did it again without notifying them, it would be towed.

He was told there have been many, many complaints from daily commuters about lack of parking due to the overnight/long term parking situation being used by tourists/vacationers (including locals). The ONLY way to use the lot long term overnight is to buy a MONTHLY parking pass and let someone know ahead of time that you are going to leave your car. They have a special area to park your car (furthest from the ferry). But it is ONLY for locals who have been parking there on a regular basis. They checked his ID this week to make sure he is not an out of town tourist.

We breezed into ny from Massachusetts when we sailed the Miracle, but inched along when we got within a mile of the pier. The holdup was coach buses with their luggage bins open and dogs with military personnel checking the under carriage, etc. After we paid and parked military personnel and dogs searched our luggage and vehicle.

there are also discount parking site even in NY City within walking distance of the pier....http://www.iconparking.com is one

is one. I went to a Saturday matinee on Broadway. On line parking was $15. the same place charged someone with out the discount $40....nice $25 in my pocket....

all I can say is that others have reported being towed from Weehawken. My comment on calling their customer service was to point out as we all know CSR's anywhere are not always been right.

I also very much doubt that their tow trucks will be out on New years day towing people away so I wouldn't worry about that night.

There was an email address on the site for the Ferry. I wrote them this

"Can I park my car at Weehawken take the ferry to Manhattan and leave my car for ten days and nights and then take the ferry back? I have heard that they sometimes tow overnight long term parked cars."

lets see what a written reply we get? ok?

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I hope that if they have in fact established some type of policy, it is clearly posted.

here is the reply

RE: parking at Weehawken for a cruise in Manhattan

Fri, October 23, 2009 12:56:35 PMFrom:customerservice <customerservice@nywaterway.com>

Add to ContactsTo:

#cg_msg_content DIV { MARGIN:0px;}

You can come to the Weehawken and settle something with the ticket agents, it should be possible as long as they know its your car and how many days

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:15 AM

To: customerservice

Subject: parking at Weehawken for a cruise in Manhattan

Can I park my car at Weehawken take the ferry to Manhattan and leave my car for ten days and nights and then take the ferry back? I have heard that they sometimes tow overnight long term parked cars.

Thank you

Archived