Esta Visa help.

1lovehols

Do I need to bring the reference numbers with me as I didn't keep a copy of the confirmation from the website just the numbers. jotting them down is not a issue just hoping I didn't/dont need anything else from the website.

If you're talking about Royal Caribbean, you need to fill out your online check in. That, you'll print out and bring.

No I'm talking about the visa waiver we have to now do to get into USA. never been before so its all new. I have done the online check in for RC already so know all about that.

I´ve travelled to the US a few times now since the ESTA exists and never had to show anything or was asked anything. IIRC it says on the website there´s no need to bring anything.

BTW, you still need to fill out the green I94 before getting in line for the immigration. ESTA does not stop filling out the I94

Hi, you dont need to print anything, once you have successfully completed your online ESTA.

When immigration 'swipes' your passport, all of your ESTA information comes up on the screen in front of him/her.

Dont forget to fill out the green immigration form on the plane and the white/blue customs form. ESTA does not replace these.

Cheers

davy!!!

Do I need to bring the reference numbers with me as I didn't keep a copy of the confirmation from the website just the numbers. jotting them down is not a issue just hoping I didn't/dont need anything else from the website.

According to Esta application it says you dont need to take anything....but I noticed in my cruise docs I received this week that it states "For cruise check-in,our guests need to bring a printed copy of their ESTA receipt and present this at the pier when checking in for a cruise that will call (finish) at any US port"

I think it is always advisable to bring a printed copy of your ESTA approval from the screen. The ESTA was mainly created for the airlines and immigration and the cruise lines are lagging behind a bit.

The airlines should know you have completed the ESTA and the CBP should be able to check it too, but not convinced that Royal Caribbean have the technology for automated checks yet, which is probably why they ask to see a screen shot of some kind!

According to Esta application it says you dont need to take anything....but I noticed in my cruise docs I received this week that it states "For cruise check-in,our guests need to bring a printed copy of their ESTA receipt and present this at the pier when checking in for a cruise that will call (finish) at any US port"

In September I took a printed copy of our ESTA forms with us for the reason stated in the cruise docs. At Port Canaveral they didn't even look at them.

Oh pants but thanks. I'll check it all tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake to see if I can get back into the ESTA website of the confirmation page to be able to print it.

(don't help our printer don't work so have to do all this at work)

In September I took a printed copy of our ESTA forms with us for the reason stated in the cruise docs. At Port Canaveral they didn't even look at them.

Always better to have the paperwork rather than be denied boarding if you are asked for it and dont have it. Better safe than sorry :D

Oh pants but thanks. I'll check it all tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake to see if I can get back into the ESTA website of the confirmation page to be able to print it.

(don't help our printer don't work so have to do all this at work)

As long as you have your confirmation numbers then you can get back into your Esta application anytime...this is incase anyone needs to edit their info. :)

And by the law of Sod, the one time you would not take the paperwork is the one time the authorities would ask you for it!

Got to be honest, although I had checked, and knew that we didn't need our ESTA printed, I still took our's. For what it takes............and the amount of space it takes up,...........why would you not?

Cheers

davy!!!

A copy of the ESTA receipt will only be needed when you cruise is your initial entry into the US, ie a transatlantic cruise from Europe to the US, your green I94 is all that is needed if you are cruising from the US, as this shows you have already been admitted to the US at another port of entry

A copy of the ESTA receipt will only be needed when you cruise is your initial entry into the US, ie a transatlantic cruise from Europe to the US, your green I94 is all that is needed if you are cruising from the US, as this shows you have already been admitted to the US at another port of entry

Been on a TA Southampton to New York in September and didn´t need a printed ESTA for boarding the ship, however this was not on RCI but Princess, so they might be different.

You do not *need* the printed version, or the number, but if you can I would get it and takeit with you just in case.

I have not been asked for it since it was introduced and travelled a couple of times on the current VW and that has been forim the UK into the US. Homeland Security will tie it up on the computer though the passport number I believe.

We are coming via a 3 day trip to NYC so I guess JFK is our 1st point of entry not MIA.

I will print it better to be safe than home in the uk instead of the caribbean. :D

We have been to USA twice this year since ESTA was introduced and have never been asked for it as it automatically comes up on immigration screens.

If you have your Esta number just go on line and enter your flight details etc.

We always update our esta prior to travelling to USA with flights and accommodation details.

Also be prepared to have both hands fingerprinted and your photographs taken (without glasses on !!) as you go through immigration it does take time !

Also be prepared to have both hands fingerprinted and your photographs taken (without glasses on !!) as you go through immigration it does take time !

Thats an interesting one, I have always been photographed with my glasses on.

Archived