Choosing Flights, PLEASE HELP!!!

Lil Starr

My boyfriend and i just booked our cruise for next year on the Dream leaving from Port Canaveral. We are very excited, because we are also trying to kill to birds with one stone by visiting Disneyworld for my first time.

Okay, here's the question... What is the best way to book the flights and get the best price. Should we book flights on our own through the airlines, or just go through carnival. We are both on a tight budget, so we are looking for the smartest choice.

If anyone has any advice,it would greatly be appreciated.:o

Usually its better to book them on your own as not only can Carnival cost more, but they tend to book horrific last minute connections, coming in the day of the cruise and some havent made it. Book on your own and spend a night in a hotel, dont take chances. No fun having to fly to your first port.

There is something called deviations you can pay extra for and choose your own Carnival flight ... but this will just run more $$.

Most don't recommend booking flights thru the cruiselines. The flights booked usually not conducive for a relaxing vacation.

Here is a link explaining how cruise air works-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

What I do is check thru one of the travel websites (the yellow suitcase and the traveling gnome sites) for prices and routes then book thru the airline directly. Southwest and some others do not appear on these sites.

Plan to be in your port city at least a day ahead of time.

Direct Air will do flights into Sanford..it may be an airport to consider as well.. it's about equidistant to PC as it is to Orlando, and they do have car rental.

Its a small airport, and they use 'whatever plane is available'.. My mother used this airline when she came North in the spring..and arrived on a Virgin plane.

Disney also has some 'stay and play' package deals available right now, as does SeaWorld.. check them out on their individual websites...

Mousesavers is a good place for Disney discounts as well.

( hey, I'm an at home mom who likes cheap vacations.. I have plenty of time to research the best places for deals!)

* Sorry.. Direct Air is only East coast!

:DThank you again. I've checked out the different sites that you've mentioned and i was very surprised by the price difference. :DAs of right now my vacation is $645 cheaper.:D I don't know what i'd do without your advice. I've always had someone else make all the preperations, but this time it all falls on me.

Archived