Thanksgiving on a Cruise

cyberee

We've only cruised one Thanksgiving but won't do it again due to the crowds (kids). Seems to me a traditional turkey dinner option is available one night on any cruise any time. It just so happened turkey entree night happened on Thanksgiving on our cruise.

Yes, traditional Turkey dinner is served on Thanksgiving. There are other menu options as well. We have sailed the last 2 Thanksgivings, and although the more children than normal, it is still a great cruise.

BTW, we also we be on the Navigator for the Thanksgiving cruise. It is the second leg of our b2b.

mustangjoe, maybe we'll run into you!

I think it will be a great cruise. I would expect more kids. We're going then because I work at a school so that's when we can take time off. I'm hoping that Thanksgiving still feels a little special even though we won't be with family.

A few kids...There were 760 or so kiddos on our Thanksgiving cruise. Great for families, and to be expected, not for kidless couples like us. That was our mistake.

And remember, not everyone on the ship is from the US so for them Thanksgiving is not their holiday to celebrate.

A few kids...There were 760 or so kiddos on our Thanksgiving cruise. Great for families, and to be expected, not for kidless couples like us. That was our mistake.

And remember, not everyone on the ship is from the US so for them Thanksgiving is not their holiday to celebrate.

Like you, we are without children. Due to my job as a High school athletic director, we are only able to get away a couple of times a year (Easter & thanksgiving). However, we don't let the fact that there are many children on board spoil a good time for us. Besides, only about 1% of the children are problems. The other 99% are well behaved.

Archived