Dawn Princess Hawaii & Tahiti

robinph

Today we booked the 35 night cruise to Hawaii & Tahiti on Dawn Princess in April 2011, it is forever away, but we have 2 smaller cruises in the mean time to help the time go a bit quicker.I can't believe we really booked it. I have been looking at this cruise for a long time and thinking that this would be my dream cruise now we have booked it WOW!!!. We got a really good deal from online TA. We rang Princess and even with a Platinum Captains Circle membership they were still $295p/p more expensive in their fare and $150 less p/p on board credit for the same category. How do these online TA manage to have fares that much cheaper than the cruise lines themselves. I'm not complaining though!:D:D:D:D

Congrats to robinph for booking so early - something to look forward to. I have my eye on the 21 day to Hawaii segment and probably with the same on line agent. We did the Tahiti to Hawaii last April on the Dawn and I really enjoyed myself. Now I would like to do the other segment - Samoa and the rest of Hawaii. 35 days is too long for us. It is a wonderful cruise but I probably won't book till next year. The number of days at sea was too much for my husband (not for me) but he doesn't want to be left at home.

Rosie

Today we booked the 35 night cruise to Hawaii & Tahiti on Dawn Princess in April 2011, it is forever away, but we have 2 smaller cruises in the mean time to help the time go a bit quicker.I can't believe we really booked it. I have been looking at this cruise for a long time and thinking that this would be my dream cruise now we have booked it WOW!!!. We got a really good deal from online TA. We rang Princess and even with a Platinum Captains Circle membership they were still $295p/p more expensive in their fare and $150 less p/p on board credit for the same category. How do these online TA manage to have fares that much cheaper than the cruise lines themselves. I'm not complaining though!:D:D:D:D

Hi Robyn,

Great news ..that will be a trip of a life time.Its a great itinerary in a beautiful part of the world....we will make sure you getb plenty of party time practice when we sail on the Jewel.....maybe some hula hula dance lessons and some mai tai cocktail drinking sessions.

Col & Di:)

Hi Robyn,

Great news ..that will be a trip of a life time.Its a great itinerary in a beautiful part of the world....we will make sure you getb plenty of party time practice when we sail on the Jewel.....maybe some hula hula dance lessons and some mai tai cocktail drinking sessions.

Col & Di:)

Sounds good Col I'm up for the practice!!

Rob:D:D:D

WOW....

just checked out the itinerary...

what a Fabulous cruise....

you get it all.

Quick Itinerary:

Dawn, South Pacific and Hawaii ex Sydney Return

Journey: 35 Night Cruise to the South Pacific and Hawaii sailing from Sydney roundtrip aboard Dawn Princess.

Ship: Dawn Princess

Depart Date: 08-04-2011

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 4.00pm

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 At Sea

5 Suva Fiji Midday 7.00pm

6 Port Denarau, Fiji 7.00am 4.00pm

6 Date Line Crossing

7 At Sea

8 Apia, Western Samoa 8.00am 8.00pm

9 Pago Pago American Samoa 8.00am 5.00pm

10 At Sea

11 At Sea

12 At Sea

13 At Sea

14 At Sea

15 Hilo Hawaii 6.00am 5.00pm

16 Lahaina Maui, Hawaii 8.00am 6.00pm

17 Honolulu, Hawaii 8.00am 10.00pm

18 Kona Hawaii 7.ooam 4.00pm

19 At Sea

20 At Sea

21 At Sea

22 At Sea

23 Papeete, Tahiti 9.00am overnight

24 Papeete, Tahiti 4.00am

24 Moorea, French Polynesia 8.00am 5.00pm

25 Raiatea, French Polynesia 8.00am overnight

26 Raiatea, French Polynesia 4.00am

26 Bora Bora, Tahiti, French Polynesia 7.00am 4.00pm

27 Date Line Crossing

28 At Sea

29 At Sea

30 Vavau, Tonga 9.00am 6.00pm

31 Nuku'alofa, Tonga Islands 8.00am 5.00pm

32 At Sea

33 At Sea

34 At Sea

35 At Sea

36 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 7.00am

WOW....

just checked out the itinerary...

what a Fabulous cruise....

you get it all.

Quick Itinerary:

Dawn, South Pacific and Hawaii ex Sydney Return

Journey: 35 Night Cruise to the South Pacific and Hawaii sailing from Sydney roundtrip aboard Dawn Princess.

Ship: Dawn Princess

Depart Date: 08-04-2011

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 4.00pm

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 At Sea

5 Suva Fiji Midday 7.00pm

6 Port Denarau, Fiji 7.00am 4.00pm

6 Date Line Crossing

7 At Sea

8 Apia, Western Samoa 8.00am 8.00pm

9 Pago Pago American Samoa 8.00am 5.00pm

10 At Sea

11 At Sea

12 At Sea

13 At Sea

14 At Sea

15 Hilo Hawaii 6.00am 5.00pm

16 Lahaina Maui, Hawaii 8.00am 6.00pm

17 Honolulu, Hawaii 8.00am 10.00pm

18 Kona Hawaii 7.ooam 4.00pm

19 At Sea

20 At Sea

21 At Sea

22 At Sea

23 Papeete, Tahiti 9.00am overnight

24 Papeete, Tahiti 4.00am

27 Date Line Crossing

28 At Sea

29 At Sea

30 Vavau, Tonga 9.00am 6.00pm

31 Nuku'alofa, Tonga Islands 8.00am 5.00pm

32 At Sea

33 At Sea

34 At Sea

35 At Sea

36 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 7.00am

This itinerary is similar to the one that Sun Princess has just completed, and everyone seemed to be very happy with the itinerary. Only a couple of differences being Vavua, Tonga and Raiatea in French Polynesia.

We've done this south bound on Mercury and loved it.

Jillybean:)

The overnight in Raiatea looks interesting.

Will give the opportunity for an evening ashore,

and they have a great cruise terminal/facility set up there.

Then you sail at 4am for Bora Bora which is almost the next door Island.

Nice....:):)

Hi Robinph

Hubby and I will join you in Honolulu. Have booked the Hawaii to Sydney leg only. Agree with you re the pricing from online t/a's. Also got a better deal than special offered by Princess past passengers. It also has been on my wish list for a long time - 2011 seems so far away ...................

Hi Robinph

Hubby and I will join you in Honolulu. Have booked the Hawaii to Sydney leg only. Agree with you re the pricing from online t/a's. Also got a better deal than special offered by Princess past passengers. It also has been on my wish list for a long time - 2011 seems so far away ...................

Good to hear from someone who will be on the cruise I'm sure as time goes on there will be plenty more, 18 months is such a long time....... I should be well read on all the ports of call by the time the cruise rolls around. I'm so glad the ships are still going to Samoa and Tonga, when the sunami hit I thought I would not be able to go there for a long time, so glad we won't be missing out on these beautiful parts of the world.

Robin:)

Hi

How lucky you are, what a fabulous cruise this will be. I would love to do this cruise but need to convince the husband of a 35 day cruise...lol

Tania

Hi Tania

If its too hard to convince hubby to do a 35 day cruise, do what I did and only book the Sydney to Honolulu leg or the Honolulu to Sydney - this is only 18 days and not so hard to convince the other halves (although mine would have loved to do the whole trip if only he could take that amount of time off work!!!)

• 4 weeks later...

I will be joining the cruise for the Sydney to Honolulu segment. I have done the other segment this year and loved the cruise. The Dawn is my second favourite ship. Hubby would choose not to do this cruise but I told him he can stay home, which he chose not to do, afterall he loved the late night cakes on the Dawn.

Rassa

Congraulations, you must be "over the moon". Lots of breaks with the sea days and I can vouch for the Fr. Polynesian ports.They will be etched in my memory forever.

Looks like you're upcoming cruises will keep you pleasurably amused until the big one.

All the best..

Anna

Archived