Is March a really bad month to cruise due to spring break?

Laughing Gull

We have cruised from about March 22 to the first week of April for about 5 years straight. With two kids in school, it's the only time we could go. We don't like cruising then because of all the kids, but haven't had a choice otherwise.

Do not take a 10 night cruise thinking there will be significantly less kids. We did a 10 night and there were over 550 of the worst behaved kids we've ever seen.

We've done March twice due to DH being a college professor, so we're locked into before the semester starts, or March. Did 10 day Panama round trip itinerary and there were only a handful of college-age "kids" - very courteous and not a problem at all. I'd be more suspicious of the standard 7 day east or west Caribbean from FLL. But hey, it's still Princess, not Carnival. ;)

A 10-day Panama is nowhere near a standard 7-day Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise! I'd be careful differentiating between Princess and Carnival on a 7-day Spring Break cruise! Throw in RCI and NCL. One of my favorite cruises (CB 9-17-05) had the WORST small group of unsupervised tweens doing everything we complain about! They ran amok all over the place! The last straw was when they got kicked out of MUTS, and we never (thankfully) saw them again! They were worse than the drunk college kids who banged on cabin doors at 2 am on our NCL cruise! On my last Carnival cruise, there were just a bunch of people whose "attire" was the talk of the ship! However, they never cannonballed into the hot tub, I'm just saying that you will find rule-breakers who make your cruises somewhat miserable on ANY mass-market line!

Archived