Shore Excursions

Caly

We are going on the Constellation in 2 weeks. Could anyone give us some suggestions for the islands - Dominican Republic, Barbados, Antiqua, Grenada. We would like to go snorkeling. Any really good spots? Any other ideas for tours? Thanks in advance.

we will be on the constellation sailing 2-19 we like the idea of the 5 star catamaran but in a trip to jamaica a few yrs back we both got really sick on a catamaran how big is the 5 star and what were your experiences like on it:)

Hi:) Just returned home...oh my it has been a month already:eek: ..anyway, it was my first time on Constellation and had a FANTASTIC time!

I didn't snorkel but will tell you I had a wonderful time.....on all my excursions.....

Myself and 2 friends from our Roll Call went to Harrison Caves and Andromeda Gardens in Barbados.......I must tell you, it was one of the best tours I have ever taken...recommend it very highly!

We went to Dominica instead of Greneda.....so cannot tell you about that one....

In Antigua I went on the Jolly Roger Pirate Cruise...was a lot of fun:)

And I was going to do the Countryside Tour in Casa....and cancelled...well, 2 of my friends went and said it was EXCELLENT.....I should have gone with them....oh well, you live and learn.

I hope you enjoy your cruise:D ...we have a group going again Dec 5th, 2005...there are different ports on this one......when you return home and decide you want to sail her again you are more than welcome to join us!

We did the Connie last year and we had an absolutely fantastic time. Here are the things we did:

-- Dominican Republic: Bayhibe Beach Break. They take you by bus through La Romana to the Casa del Mar resort where you can swim in the ocean (the beach was gorgeous), or swim in the pool. All the drinks are included. The cost is very reasonable. Note: They have a small gift shop where you can buy Dominican coffee very cheap! And ask for the bottled water. It's free and HUGE. We had such a wonderful. Remember, this is a private resort, so no one will bother you.

We got some to bring back to the ship. Be forewarned: Some of our fellow passengers took a taxi to the beach on their own. It was cheaper, but it was the public beach, and they were annoyed by vendors, plus they complained that the beach was unclean.

-- Antigua: Eli's Eco Tour. It is THE thing to do. Fantastic: combines a ride on a catamaran, snorkling, hiking, sightseeing, and Eli narrates everywhere you go. Plus, there's a great lunch included. The rum punch is incredible. You have to book this on your own.

-- St. Thomas: We love snorkling so we did the Cas Cay eco tour. They meet you at the dock and take you to their base where you board inflatables to Cas Cay. You hike on this island with naturalists, where they take you to tide pools, etc. Then you snorkle in several different locations. And you still have enough time to shop in St. Thomas.

-- Barbados: We did the green monkey tour, which was OK, and we did get to see the island. But it was too sedate for us. Plus, you really don't see any monkeys unless you get there VERY early, and the tour doesn't arrive until later in the afternoon.

-- Grenada? If they are still going to Grenada, we booked an independent tour with Mandoo. As it turned out, Grenada was one of our most favorite stops. The tour was fantastic and we got to really experience this spice island. Then, we got to relax on the fantastic beach before heading back to the ship.

I hope this helps. We had a wonderful time at every port.

Caly.... On a Celebrity cruise last year at our port stop in Antigua we took The Bird Island Catamaran (click for review) which was a snorkel excursion offered by the ship. The crew was wonderful! Some parts of this were better than others ........ :rolleyes:

Totally agree with SeaGrams on The 5-Star Catamaran in Barbados. We taken this one twice ... and would not hesitate to do it again! :)

Have FUN planning!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived