Valor Oct 11 - Oct 18. WOW!

Relayer

Just returned yesterday from our Valor cruise. Working on detailed review to post latter in the week.

Briefly.....We had an awesome cruise. Weather was perfect, food was over the top excellent, port excursions were great and the Valor was superb. 1st time in a 9A aft wrap, 8455, and as billed, a great experience.

I cannot imagine how this trip could have been any better.

Just returned yesterday from our Valor cruise. Working on detailed review to post latter in the week.

Briefly.....We had an awesome cruise. Weather was perfect, food was over the top excellent, port excursions were great and the Valor was superb. 1st time in a 9A aft wrap, 8455, and as billed, a great experience.

Glad to hear since we'll be on the Valor in about 130 days or so. I'll be waiting for your review!

I am excited to hear your review as well. We will be on the Valor on Jaunuary 3, 2010. We have an aft wrap 8448 and our friends have 8455 so I am especially interested in what you thought about your room. Did you have privacy on your balcony, etc? Thanks so much and I will be hanging on your every word!:D

I am excited to hear your review as well. We will be on the Valor on Jaunuary 3, 2010. We have an aft wrap 8448 and our friends have 8455 so I am especially interested in what you thought about your room. Did you have privacy on your balcony, etc? Thanks so much and I will be hanging on your every word!:D

The room layout, see deck plans, is a bit odd but nice. There is no couch but two wing chairs with the table. Two large windows. The balcony is awesome and truly big enough for at least 6-10 guests. Almost overkill for a couple. We had 1 lounger, three chairs and a table. Did notice that the wrap below us had two loungers. Privacy was not a concern at all. Virtually no activity above on the Lido. As with most all balcony rooms your next door neighbor has to make the effort to lean over/around the partition to check out what you are, or not!, doing. The only place we noticed people hanging out above is in the crew stairwell that is glassed in. Apparently the crew uses this area to break in. We noticed them, especially late, but not sure they ever gave a glance downward. We did sense a bit of vibration when docking but other than that very quite at the end of the ship. No debris on deck, either trash or waste from the smoke stacks. We did make acquaintance with the guests just below us and the ones below them. Enjoyed the company during sail -a- ways etc.

You will love this cabin!

We sailed on Sept 27th and it was one of our best cruises....and that is saying something...because we have had a bunch of good ones.

I could not believe how SMOOTH the seas were. It was like looking at a mirror.....

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise. My husband and I will be sailing in February (Cat 9A as well - 7440). It's been a few years since I've been on the Valor so I was happy to hear that she's still a great ship.

Looking forward to your detailed review!

• 2 weeks later...

She (Lisa as I recall?) stopped by my cube this AM taking care of the plants. We head out on Celebrity Millenium 11/16 deep Southern route. Glad you had a good time on Valor. Have not done any cruises on Carnival.

Dick

I have the Capers for this one as well as all of our other cruises! DW reminds me often that I am the king pack rat when it comes to cruise stuff. I don't have them scanned in as I am still playing catch up at work. I am also lagging behind with the review post for the same reasons. Oh well......such is life. I only work so that we can cruise!

Hopefully I will get in front of the eight ball next week.

You were getting off Valor as we were getting on.:D I agree we had a great time on the Valor as well

She (Lisa as I recall?) stopped by my cube this AM taking care of the plants. We head out on Celebrity Millenium 11/16 deep Southern route. Glad you had a good time on Valor. Have not done any cruises on Carnival.

Dick

I believe congratulations are in order! Hope you have a wonderful cruise. We sailed down south in March and loved it. I have heard good things about Celebrity.

We've only been back two weeks and have already started shopping for our next cruise. Lisa and I love to cruise!

Wow, I am glad to hear you had a wonderful time!! My DH and I are leaving on the Valor on Sunday! We are in an 8D Balcony 8308. This is our first cruise and I am so glad to hear that it is truly a "fun ship"!!! I can see how this can become an addiction. I have been completely OBSESSED with planning perfectly since we booked!:D I do have a couple of questions for the OP. I know we are a little further in Mid-ship, but I was just wondering how the noise was? Also, did you guys try Scarlett's, if so, how was it? Sooo excited!!!

I know we are a little further in Mid-ship, but I was just wondering how the noise was? Also, did you guys try Scarlett's, if so, how was it? Sooo excited!!!

I can well guess how you are feeling just 3 days out!

We did not have any issues with noise even though we were directly under the Lido. We were under the very back corner adjacent to the adult’s only pool and did not get any of the chair moving/cleaning noises. You can check out what's above/below you at cruisedeckplans.com. This site has a nifty "drag deck" feature that allows you to superimpose one deck above another.

Scarlett’s was awesome and well worth the $30/person up-charge. The food and service was as good as it gets and certainly on par or better than a Morton's or equivalent. There were only 12 other guests the evening we dined there, Tuesday-Grand Cayman, and 4 of them were officers. This was out 1st visit to one of the premium "steak houses" and it will certainly become an "every cruise" event.

Have fun and may you have a warm sun on your face and a fair wind at your back!!

You were getting off Valor as we were getting on.:D I agree we had a great time on the Valor as well

Hope we didn't hold you up too much. Longest disembark in cruise history! Customs seemed to be very meticulous that day. DW had purchased a $69 ring on the ship and I listed jewelry on the declaration form. We were well under our allowances but got pulled aside into the "search" room and had to produce the receipt. There were many foreign nationals on this cruise. Maybe that's what slowed the process down?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

I can well guess how you are feeling just 3 days out!

We did not have any issues with noise even though we were directly under the Lido. We were under the very back corner adjacent to the adult’s only pool and did not get any of the chair moving/cleaning noises. You can check out what's above/below you at cruisedeckplans.com. This site has a nifty "drag deck" feature that allows you to superimpose one deck above another.

Scarlett’s was awesome and well worth the $30/person up-charge. The food and service was as good as it gets and certainly on par or better than a Morton's or equivalent. There were only 12 other guests the evening we dined there, Tuesday-Grand Cayman, and 4 of them were officers. This was out 1st visit to one of the premium "steak houses" and it will certainly become an "every cruise" event.

Have fun and may you have a warm sun on your face and a fair wind at your back!!

Thanks!!!:D

Hope we didn't hold you up too much. Longest disembark in cruise history! Customs seemed to be very meticulous that day. DW had purchased a $69 ring on the ship and I listed jewelry on the declaration form. We were well under our allowances but got pulled aside into the "search" room and had to produce the receipt. There were many foreign nationals on this cruise. Maybe that's what slowed the process down?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Did you do the self-assist? If so, what time were you called to get off? Trying to decide which to do.

Archived