Freedom - cabin selection advice

nic624

Hi all,

I currently have a cruise booked on the Victory for next March. I am thinking of switching to the Freedom for either March or April. I will be booking a balcony cabin, but have never stayed higher than the Empress deck (deck 6). The only balcony cabins left (with the exception of the 8 G's (extended aft cabins) are on decks 8 and 9.

My questions is: if I opt for deck 8, will I hear noise from the Lido deck above, and if I opt for deck 9, will I hear the noise from the Lido pool area to the aft of my cabin? I'm not a late or light sleeper, but have heard complaints about hearing deck chairs scraping around and such.

Just looking for opinions of those that have stayed in this general area before.

Also, since there are some aft extended balcony cabins left (not the corner wraps), are these worth it? Is the room any smaller than a standard balcony cabin? I have heard that those above can look down and see into your balcony area; is this truly the case? Not adventurous enough to do things out there that would cause me to be discreet, just wondering if I am sitting out there in my robe will I have people looking down from above?

Thanks in advance everyone,

Extended balconies, on that class generally, are twice as deep, so instead of 3.5 X 10, they are 7 X 10. Some Iv seen have kind of a half cover, the extended area isnt covered. Depends on the deck too I believe.

I wouldnt take a balcony below a pool area, might hear some scraping, but the inside cabins get most of the noise more so than the outside cabins, but Id still stay away.

Lido deck is a wonderful deck for a cabin, very quiet. The doors and area before the pool keeps sound from going down the hallway. If your cabin is more aft, sounds from the Lido deck could drift to your balcony itself, but not when you are inside the cabin. It has fewer cabins and so is very quiet and a great deck to have. A simple walk to your morning coffee. I loved it but rarely pay the extra to get there.

Archived