Rum runners in your suitcase

pugsammy

Ok....I bought them and now I'm afraid to use them.

I keep thinking to myself...What if they break? :eek: What if "they" see them??:eek:

So tell me...Did you pack them in with your clothes?

Has anyone ever had a problem with them?

Thanks!!

Don't be afraid!!

I put mine in a zip lock and pack them among my clothes in checked luggage.

They have never leaked.

I don't know if "they" can see them or not. I haven't had them confiscated yet. Just like I never had my bottles in bubble wrap confiscated either.

I keep thinking to myself...What if they break? :eek: What if "they" see them??:eek:

Thanks!!

Last cruise out of Tampa I had a Carnival employee tell me to just pack the wine and liquor in the checked luggage that they really didn't care.

Now for those of you who say it is breaking the rules, there were two of us and two bottles of wine, which is allowed, but it is so much easier to check it than carry it. The imprseeion I got was that they really did not care if you had liquor.

Don't be afraid!!

I put mine in a zip lock and pack them among my clothes in checked luggage.

They have never leaked.

I don't know if "they" can see them or not. I haven't had them confiscated yet. Just like I never had my bottles in bubble wrap confiscated either.

Same here--even my DH ("these things are a waste and won't work") was impressed by them.

I've used my RumRunners on a number of cruises to transport tea and juices as bringing alcoholic beverages on board is prohibited with the exception of one bottle of wine per passenger...

:rolleyes:

At first, I packed them in zip lock bags but after looking at the construction of the RumRunners I gave up on that. If the RumRunner was gonna leak the cheapo zip lock bag probably wouldn't contain the flood. That was six cruises ago and I've never lost a drop. RumRummers are four layers of plastic laminated together... tough as nails...

Regarding the detectability thing, I had two eight ounce RumRummers in my laptop bag when we boarded the Conquest and they went through the detector thingies without issue...

:)

Used them on Royal Caribbean in January - filled them and put in with clothing. No problems -showed up in the room just fine. One of the 3 of us put his in carryon and got through fine. If you are worried about them busting - put in a ziploc bag. If you are REALLY worried about them busing - add a diaper to the ziploc bag to absorb if it breaks. And really - what security folks are going to ask you to open a plastic bag with a wet diaper in it?

Thanks!!

Mine just came...and man, they look SMALL! LOL

I got the Cruise Kit with the three 32 oz and the three 8 oz -- it just doesn't look like it would hold 32 oz....lol

Properly expanded they hold more than 32 oz... The idea is to keep 'em from getting over filled and making them almost solid.

They stay kinda squishy so they can mold themselves into odd little places left in your suitcases!!!

:D

Archived