Airfare?

sgmburt

I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question but I sincerely do not know the answer. We are booking our own airfare to Seattle for our cruise to Alaska and I have no idea which airport we need to fly into. Which airport is closest to the departure port? Feedback greatly appreciated.

When I go to Travelocity or other online sites to search for flights, they always pop up three different airports in Seattle. Seattle/Tacoma, Seattle/Lake Union & Seattle Boeing Field.
What commercial carriers go into Lake Union or Boeing?

What commercial carriers go into Lake Union or Boeing?
Kenmore Air Express and SeaPort Airlines offer passenger service at Boeing Field. Kenmore goes to 3 other regional airports. SeaPort goes to Portland and 3 other airports.

I think maybe Lake Union is a seaplane facility.

I think the only commercial flights into Lake Union are float planes, like the Hyak Air service from Victoria Harbour to Seattle.

Kenmore Air Express and SeaPort Airlines offer passenger service at Boeing Field. Kenmore goes to 3 other regional airports. SeaPort goes to Portland and 3 other airports.

I think maybe Lake Union is a seaplane facility.

Thanks! So in either case, it's not likely the OP would be flying in there from Coldspring TX. :)

Friends of our booked a family vacation at Atlantis. Booked the flights, and off they went. Upon arrival, they hired a cab, and asked to be taken to Atlantis. The cabby shook his head and said can't get you there in this cab, it does not do well in the water.

They had landed at Freeport instead of Nassau. Expensive!

Make sure you get the correct airport, and have a great cruise.

Ken

SeaTac is the big commercial airport for most travelers.

However, low cost carrier Allegiant uses Bellingham airport (BLI) 90 miles north of Seattle, although they advertise it as "Seattle area." Allegiant flies mainly between a lot of small cities and either Orlando or Las Vegas, so it works mainly for vacation travelers to those areas.

But if you were going to be in Las Vegas before your cruise anyway - you might find a $29 fare LAS-BLI on Allegiant and then it could be worth renting a car at BLI for $60 and driving it to Seattle.

If you were going to be in Las Vegas before your cruise anyway - you might find a $29 fare LAS-BLI on Allegiant and then it could be worth renting a car at BLI for $60 and driving it to Seattle.

There is a bus, Quick Shuttle, which makes a stop at Bellingham Airport and then goes to downtown Seattle.

You're right about the shuttle, and also some of the Bellingham Airporter Shuttle buses (BLI-SEA and back) stop in downtown Seattle, for around $35-$40. But if you have more than 1 person traveling, the rental car may be cheaper.

I actually live here in Seattle, and yes, you'll need to fly into SeaTac airport. SEA is the airport code. There will be many taxis available to shuttle you to the pier, or you can arrange transportation through the cruise line if you wish. The airport is not actually located in Seattle, but is not that far away... about 25 mins drive. The pier is located in the heart of Seattle... really close to downtown.

I love my city, and hope you enjoy visiting!! Make sure you make a couple of days available pre or post cruise to check out the sights!!

Chandra

Archived