Ground Transportation

Lil Starr

I was wondering if anyone had information on ground transportation from Orlando, (Disneyworld to be exact), to Port Canaveral. I know carnival offers transportation in the flight package, but i was hoping there were more alternatives. I've searched in and out of different sites but couldn't find anything. :oThen I realized that I have access to the most knowledgeable professionals right here. Can anyone help?:o

If you look under East Coast Departures, then click on the top, where there is a Florida only board ... there is a thread, I work in port canaveral, and all the best shuttles they will be able to tell you.

Cheapest is renting a car, very easy to turn in when you get there, and the car rental places will drop you at the port, they seem used to doing this.

First, are you flying into Orlando? How are you getting from the airport to Disney? I'd highly suggest just renting a car at the airport so you're able to get around yourself and then just return it at the port when you arrive there. They have shuttles that take you to the terminal/embarkation area.

If you're staying at a Disney resort, the free Magical Express transportation from the airport is good. I've taken that from and back to the airport before. And getting from the resort to the parks on their tranportation system (also free) works well, too - it is longer than driving a car, but cheaper! Even if I have my own car at Disney I take their transportation.

First, are you flying into Orlando? How are you getting from the airport to Disney? I'd highly suggest just renting a car at the airport so you're able to get around yourself and then just return it at the port when you arrive there. They have shuttles that take you to the terminal/embarkation area.

Yes, I will be flying into Orlando. I was planning to take the Disney Shuttle from the airport to the resort.

I guess my original question is pretty vague. I apologize.

I was trying to find out if there is an easier and cheaper way to get from the Disney resort to the cruise port. I've looked into the Carnival's tranportation and it seemed somewhat elevated.

And for the record all of the information that everyone has given is great. I never considered renting a car. So, Thank You ALL for the help.:):D:)

Archived