Princess Visa Card

SF

m steve user_offline.gif

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

icon1.gifcan someone translate points vs. $ towards cruise?

I use an airline Visa or MC for my cruise. Just bought 2 first class Euro tickets for summer cruise at 130000 miles that sells for $12000 each. How does that compare to this card? That's around 10c a point.

I did the same exact thing. Cashed in some FF points and have 2 business tix to Asia and back.....Sweet.......

Figure about 1 cent value for each $ charged to the card as you can get $100 on board credit for 10,000 points.

However, charges to Princess have double value, so that you would get the 10,000 points with $5000 of Princess charges. In other words 2 cents per Princess dollar charged.

The more points you accumulate before using them, the better the value can be. For example, for 40,000 points you can get not $400 of OBC but $500 of OBC.

it's good for me. We don't tend to spend enough to get enough points to get us first class seats anywhere.

(In fact, when we did our British Isles cruise, we "cashed in" all the Amex points we had earned in 20-25 years and spent it on 2 nights in a London hotel - sure it was an expensive hotel, but the number of points we used weren't enough for even 1 first class plane flight.

So, we use the Princess Visa pretty much everywhere since we got it. The double on Princess purchases is great.

Archived