Long Review/Pictures - Carnival Dream Oct 3rd, 2009

agavin

Thanks for that! It was written in an interesting style, making it easy to read. I would love to do a European cruise someday....

I think a Caribbean one will be hard now after this, but I'm sure I'll manage. Cheers :)

Wonderful review. Hope Damian is at the piano bar in January, I always worry these guys just play the smaltzy stuff. His plylist sounds intriguing. With the smoking restrictions ( and my new hi tech ears) I'm looking forward to sitting at the bar. DW will probably give the Mocha Chocolate Getaway a try--if I can get them off the Serenity deck. I'll stick with scotch or bourbon.

Loved your reviews of the Legend and the port takes on the Canal Zone and Costa Rica. We're looking at the Freedom or Miracle for that itinerary in 2011. I'd be buggered if the coffee plantaion gets canceled. But I'd like to do the whole canal tour not just the along the road view.

Forgive me, but I just realized this was "your" review and not one you had seen and linked. No wonder your photos were so, well,.... damned good! I enjoyed your perspective of touring and the ship in general. I agree about the Lido buffet...never a favorite of mine either. Again, my thanks.

Wonderful review. Hope Damian is at the piano bar in January, I always worry these guys just play the smaltzy stuff. His plylist sounds intriguing. With the smoking restrictions ( and my new hi tech ears) I'm looking forward to sitting at the bar. DW will probably give the Mocha Chocolate Getaway a try--if I can get them off the Serenity deck. I'll stick with scotch or bourbon.

Loved your reviews of the Legend and the port takes on the Canal Zone and Costa Rica. We're looking at the Freedom or Miracle for that itinerary in 2011. I'd be buggered if the coffee plantaion gets canceled. But I'd like to do the whole canal tour not just the along the road view.

Thanks! From what I've heard, Damian is getting off the ship in New York for a month, and then getting back on at the start of December... I'm not sure how long he's staying on that time though... I'd book another cruise specifically if I knew he would be the piano player... it was just such a nice change :) Request some of his original stuff... you will love it... And you can get the delicious chocolate evil drink on the Serenity :)

Forgive me, but I just realized this was "your" review and not one you had seen and linked. No wonder your photos were so, well,.... damned good! I enjoyed your perspective of touring and the ship in general. I agree about the Lido buffet...never a favorite of mine either. Again, my thanks.

No worries :)

Thanks! From what I've heard, Damian is getting off the ship in New York for a month, and then getting back on at the start of December... I'm not sure how long he's staying on that time though... I'd book another cruise specifically if I knew he would be the piano player... it was just such a nice change :) Request some of his original stuff... you will love it... And you can get the delicious chocolate evil drink on the Serenity :)

No worries :)

Damian is leaving the Dream when it docks in NYC .... then will be onboard for the Dec. 3 sailing (9 nt. Eastern Caribbean) with a group of friends/fans. Then it's on to LA and promoting his new album and performing live.

Damian is leaving the Dream when it docks in NYC .... then will be onboard for the Dec. 3 sailing (9 nt. Eastern Caribbean) with a group of friends/fans. Then it's on to LA and promoting his new album and performing live.

Thanks Byn :)

I am glad to read that smoke was'nt a problem. I read a review for this ship that made it like it was already showing wear and bad smoke problems. Bashers I suspect.

I am looking forward to my February cruise on her. My first on Carnival.

Nope, this one pretty much looks brand new like it is... new ship smell and everything. I've only cruised Carnival, but this was my favorite of the ships I've been on. Have a great cruise :)

Archived