Grand Cayman Turtle Excursion

Kunane

Captains Marvins includes the turtle farm on their $30 pp tour ... plus hell and some other points of interest. You can eat turtle in the shop and hold a baby turtle. Google the turtle farm in the Caymans and it has its own site. About $20 pp to get in on your own plus transportation I believe.

Thanks for the replies. I am reading up on Grand Caymen and Carnival Website regarding the excursion is vague as to specifics as to where you go.

I found this place

http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/index.cfm

Looks huge! I was curious if this place is the turtle farm Carnival takes you to. If not I may just do a different excursion and take a side trip here afterward.

Has anyone been here and does it look as nice as they portray it on the website?

We did our own excursion back in 2007 - we hopped on the local "bus" (suburban) and paid $5US for the both of us one way. It dropped us right off at Boatswains Beach. When we went in, we were almost the only ones there since we beat all the tours off the ship. We were able to hold baby turtles, pet them, take pics, etc. It was really neat!

We then got on the local bus again and it took us to Hell. We did the typical sending a postcard to our parents, saw the stone formations, etc. Hopped on the bus again and it took us back downtown. Our total transport cost was $15, plus whatever the cost of the turtle farm was. It was fun!

Archived