james andrew?

ncb106

We had Leigh on ou rlate Sept Liberty cruise. He stepped in at the last minute though i am sure he has had some "practice". He was very entertaining and very much present the entire week.

Great job Leigh!

Absolutely agree. I would definitely like to have Leigh as a cruise director again. :)

He was just too loud, obnoxious and to me he wasn't naturally funny - it was almost like he was acting - we never saw him on the ship except for the quest, and any other shows - any other cd we have had on our 9 previous cruises were very visible - one of his staff - Laura is from our little home town in northern ontario and we left a message a few days before the end of the cruise asking him if it were possible for us to get in touch with her - there was no response or even a message left - I know they are busy but he could have at least left us a message. Sorry we like someone a little more natural and genuinely funny:)

He was just too loud, obnoxious and to me he wasn't naturally funny - it was almost like he was acting - we never saw him on the ship except for the quest, and any other shows - any other cd we have had on our 9 previous cruises were very visible - one of his staff - Laura is from our little home town in northern ontario and we left a message a few days before the end of the cruise asking him if it were possible for us to get in touch with her - there was no response or even a message left - I know they are busy but he could have at least left us a message. Sorry we like someone a little more natural and genuinely funny:)

I kind of got the same impression. He seemed a little over the top. I did like his comment about wanting to reach out and pat the little cruise ship that left port not too long before us:)

Well great minds think alike I guess - I like you already - lol - guess we've been spoiled and very prejudice about cruise directors - we had an incident a few years back on the Mariner with one of the security guys during the parade on the promenade - he was very rude to my hubby so we reported him - the next thing we knew we had the cruise director on the phone to us - a free gift from Royal Carribean and ended up this guy was Drew Devine - cruise director from Toronto - we have since adopted him (on paper only - lol) and became great friends. So naturally he is our favourite - unfortunately he's on the monarch and majesty right now - but hopefully will get back onto 7 day trips - so we might see him again soon

Well I am off to bed - way past my bedtime - lol - Have a good night:)

To answer the OP's question. Well, I can't really, but I do know that Leigh was the CD for our 9/26 cruise and ,I believe, the one following ours. We were told that James had to leave for a family emergency/funeral. Hopefully, he is back by now. I do not know JA, but I agree that Leigh did a fine job.

Is everyone talking about the same James Andrews?? He was the CD on our Liberty cruise in July 08 and we thought he was great - because he wasn't in your face and everywhere all the time - he let his staff do their jobs. When he was there, I thought he did a great job.

The only CD I haven't liked was a Canadian guy called Steve on the Carnival Destiny in July 07 - everytime he opened his mouth I wanted to shut if for him because he was sooo annoying - and to be honest, I don't know how he did it - he just was!

That's what's great about Cruising - it's all so objective and we have to try all the lines to see what we like best!!

Is everyone talking about the same James Andrews?? He was the CD on our Liberty cruise in July 08 and we thought he was great - because he wasn't in your face and everywhere all the time - he let his staff do their jobs. When he was there, I thought he did a great job.

The only CD I haven't liked was a Canadian guy called Steve on the Carnival Destiny in July 07 - everytime he opened his mouth I wanted to shut if for him because he was sooo annoying - and to be honest, I don't know how he did it - he just was!

That's what's great about Cruising - it's all so objective and we have to try all the lines to see what we like best!!

Another vote for James Andrews. We have had him as a CD on 3 different cruises and I think he is a great CD. If you're lurking James, keep up the good work!

We had James on Liberty last Sept 2008, loved him....we were looking forward to him on 11/15 this year.....hopefully he will be back....

We also loved Phil (Yaaaaaaaa!, Shake Your Booty) Activities Manager last year too.....I wonder where Phil is these days.....

I agree that James Andrews was one of the best CDs we ever had. We were in the promanade cafe and he came over and joined us. We had a nice conversation with him and complimented him on his wonderful staff. Would cruise with him again anytime.

I agree that James Andrews was one of the best CDs we ever had. We were in the promanade cafe and he came over and joined us. We had a nice conversation with him and complimented him on his wonderful staff. Would cruise with him again anytime.

I can't understand why anyone would not like James Andrews. He's one of RCL's top CD's and there is a reason. Those that dislike him are in the minority big time. He was very visible on the cruise we took last month. It's a big ship you know and he can't be everywhere you are.

I'd like to know who the ones that don't like him do like.

How about the CD we had on the Monarch in 1995. Short pudgy guy with a full beard. We STILL call him Mr French. Awful is an understatement. That was one CD that you never saw. Maybe 3 times all week, no exaggeration.

Archived