Behind the Fun Tour on the Imagination

Bunkie103

Took the tour today and it's really great. Not only is it a good deal for $55, but you get a baseball hat, a bracelet, a lanyard and a picture with the Captain. When we came back from dinner there was a plate from the

"chef de la cuisine" with chocolate covered strawberries with a thank you note for taking the tour. Don't miss it.

how do you get in on this? There is so little info on the Imagination here. We set sail Dec 4 to 7.

It is offered in the Capers. If you want to do it go to the purser's desk the first day and sign up' date=' it is limited to 16 people and could sell out.[/font']

We are doing a different route than you but would love to know more about the ship. This is only our second cruise and since it is my hubby's birthday, I want to make it special for him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. What is "The Capers"? I am such a newbie.!!!

Capers is the onboard newspaper. They will put it in your cabin each night to tell you what is going on the next day.

Imagination is one of the older ships but it is very nice. It recently went through a referb and had the waterworks area added. That is an area with watersides, kind of fun. :)

Hum, if you like pizza there is a 24 hour pizzeria, also soft serve ice cream 24 hrs.

If you want quiet time there is an adults only "Serenity Area" at the back of the ship. If you want to relax in a hot tub that is the place to go.

I'm sure I will think of more... :)

Hmm, it was offered at $95 on the Legend (Oct. 11-18). We would have jumped on it for $55 but not $95.

According to information I've read:

On a 7+ day cruise, the tour is $95.00 and lasts approximately 3.5 - 4.0 hours.

On a shorter cruise, the tour is $55.00 and lasts approximately 2.5 hours.

Happy Sailing!

thanks everyone for the info.

I am thinking that this tour will be good to help me get around the ship.

Just new to this so any help is greatly appeciated.

I will definitely leave my room clean just for you.

Getting very excited now. All cruising tips welcome.

When I did the tour on the VALOR it was never offered in any of the Capers. You had to go to the shore excurion desk to sign up. They had a usual shore excursion talk that CARNIVAL offers and that was where they mentioned it. That was it for any announcement as for offering it. I only saw it on the tv when they replay the talk that they had. After seeing it on tv that was when I went and signed up for it. I figured it was already filled but I was surprised to find out i was the fourth person to sign up. I signed up on late afternoon of the first sea day

What exactly is it? A tour of the ship? Do you go behind the scenes? I don't remember anything about it on the Glory - but we had a large group on that cruise. We're going on the Imagination for New Years as a surprise for my DH's 50th birthday.

This tour has nothing to do with finding your way around the ship. It takes you to places the regular cruisers NEVER go. It was a 3 hour tour and took us to the laundry room, the kitchen, the environmental services center, the staging area where all luggage and supplies are loaded, the crew rec area and dining rooms, and the engine control room and the bridge to meet with and have a pic taken with the Captain. It is definitely BEHIND THE SCENES. Security travels with the tour and you are wanded before you leave. No cameras or cell phones are allowed. I found it advertised on the back page of the Shore Excursion booklet on the first day which is in your cabin with the capers. They ran the tour on a sea day and 16 people were accepted for two separate tours for a total of 32. You also have the opportunity to ask tons of questions and if the guide doesn't know the answer she'll find someone who does. One man on the tour suggested to the Captain that the ship was steered on auto pilot rather than by the crew member standing at the wheel. Just to make a point the Captain had him change course.....very impressive. I'm sure your husband would love it.

This tour has nothing to do with finding your way around the ship. It takes you to places the regular cruisers NEVER go. It was a 3 hour tour and took us to the laundry room, the kitchen, the environmental services center, the staging area where all luggage and supplies are loaded, the crew rec area and dining rooms, and the engine control room and the bridge to meet with and have a pic taken with the Captain. It is definitely BEHIND THE SCENES. Security travels with the tour and you are wanded before you leave. No cameras or cell phones are allowed. I found it advertised on the back page of the Shore Excursion booklet on the first day which is in your cabin with the capers. They ran the tour on a sea day and 16 people were accepted for two separate tours for a total of 32. You also have the opportunity to ask tons of questions and if the guide doesn't know the answer she'll find someone who does. One man on the tour suggested to the Captain that the ship was steered on auto pilot rather than by the crew member standing at the wheel. Just to make a point the Captain had him change course.....very impressive. I'm sure your husband would love it.

Dang no cameras are allowed.. So I wonder would it be the same $55 on a 5 night Destiny Cruise... Do you get all the goodies no matter what ship you take the tour on?

DH and I just took this tour on the Splendor a couple of days ago and I think it was well worth the $95, the tour was about 3 hours and 45 mins and included all the stuff reported above, plus a glass of champagne (or juice) in the steakhouse afterwards. We toured almost everything 'behind the scenes' except the individual crew cabins, but we saw their tiny little hallways - yikes! We met with the captain on the bridge and could ask him anything, with the head chef who gave us a personal tour of the main galley, plus we saw the crew galley and the steakhouse galley. We also met with the head of engineering in the engine control room, the head of environmental controls, laundries, the brig, the morgue, etc, etc. I'd recommend it to anyone, even at the price.

DH and I just took this tour on the Splendor a couple of days ago and I think it was well worth the $95, the tour was about 3 hours and 45 mins and included all the stuff reported above, plus a glass of champagne (or juice) in the steakhouse afterwards. We toured almost everything 'behind the scenes' except the individual crew cabins, but we saw their tiny little hallways - yikes! We met with the captain on the bridge and could ask him anything, with the head chef who gave us a personal tour of the main galley, plus we saw the crew galley and the steakhouse galley. We also met with the head of engineering in the engine control room, the head of environmental controls, laundries, the brig, the morgue, etc, etc. I'd recommend it to anyone, even at the price.

We plan on doing the tour on the Conquest. I can't wait! Do you sign up at the purser's desk or the shore excursion desk? I've heard both...

We plan on doing the tour on the Conquest. I can't wait! Do you sign up at the purser's desk or the shore excursion desk? I've heard both...

On the Splendor last week we signed up at the excursion desk and they give you regular excursion-type tickets. Remember there are no cameras or cell phones allowed and you must wear closed toed shoes, there is ALOT of walking and steep stair climbing.

How early did you get on the ship to get signed up? How many people were on the tour with you?

Thanks for the info! We really want to do this tour in February. :)

Archived