Behind the Fun Tour on the Imagination

Bunkie103

We just got off the Splendor and LOVED this tour. It is well worth the $95.00. We got 3 5x7 pictures along with the backpack of goodies. When we got on board and the shore excursion desk opened we jumped on it. They only offered two tours 16 people each. I will tell you that it is a lot of walking 3 1/2 hours with no breaks but going to the restroom. If you have problems going up and down stairs or standing and walking I would not recommend it. Overall fantastic and the captain was so great! You get to see the Bridge, engine control room, employee staterooms and dinning areas, all of the galleys and the Morge. Very cool!

7 days till I do my first cruise on the Imagination. Definitely going to attempt to get on this tour.

take notes...I want to hear all about this ship when you get back. we travel Dec 4 to 7. We are also interested in the behind the fun tour.

They are advertising this at 3.5 hours for $95 ($27.14 an hour) and 2.5 hours for $55 ($22.00 and hour.)

Are they math-challenged or something? The tours should be about the same in per-hour prices, don't you think?

They also figure in the prices of the goodies that they give you and the end of the tour.

I first heard about the "Behind the Fun Tours" on John Heald's blog about 3 months ago, in fact that was the only place they were advertising it for a long time. I am glad to see that they are putting them in the Capers also.

The reason that they do not allow cameras or cell phones is for security reasons. After 9/11 they would not even allow passengers on the bridge anymore, so now that Homeland Security is allowing these tours again, they don't want people taking picture of anything. Some passengers have already sneaked pictures out like the one where they post your name if you drop the gratuities to the crew members (this was on RCL line and NOT CARNIVAL).

They are advertising this at 3.5 hours for $95 ($27.14 an hour) and 2.5 hours for $55 ($22.00 and hour.)

Are they math-challenged or something? The tours should be about the same in per-hour prices, don't you think?

The tour I took on the Imagination was a solid three hours for $55. WE also went backstage to the ladies dressing room with all the costumes and hairpieces.

• 3 weeks later...

This tour sounds like the "highlight" of the cruise! I'm fortunate enough to have seen almost all of this in the past. (I used to repair the computers aboard Carnival Ships while in port, and I am lucky enough to do most of the "Legends" shows, which puts me back stage with the singers, and dancers. Yep, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.) Many years ago, they routinely had tours of the engine room, and even the bridge. Sadly,,,,no more, except this new tour.

"SKY"

The difference must be the drinks served in the Steakhouse. It doesn't sound like the tour on the Fantasy Class ships offer the drinks.

We did this tour on the DREAM during our TA from Rome to NYC. It was great fun to see all the stuff "behind the fun." I recommend it to eveyone. They did it three days with two tours each day. Well worth the $99.00.:p

I can not wait to do this on the Destiny on Dec 5th!

Let me know how it is! I am your same itinerary on 12/19.

Let's also keep our fingers crossed that the engines behave themselves. I heard from the group disembarking on 11/21 that they didn't see the engine room due to the issues.

thanks everyone for the info.

I am thinking that this tour will be good to help me get around the ship.

Just new to this so any help is greatly appeciated.

I will definitely leave my room clean just for you.

Getting very excited now. All cruising tips welcome.

This tour will not help you navigate around the ship as you will be touring areas that are off limits to the public. You will see what goes on behind the doors to create the cruise experience.....crew mess,garbage handling, galley, bridge, engine control room, etc.

thanks everyone for the info.

I am thinking that this tour will be good to help me get around the ship.

Just new to this so any help is greatly appeciated.

I will definitely leave my room clean just for you.

Getting very excited now. All cruising tips welcome.

If your main goal is to take a tour so it will help you get around the ship, there is a free ship's tour that the CD or one of his assistants will conduct on the first day. The meeting place and time will be posted in your caper. Check for it as soon as you get in your cabin. They will take the interested group to the public areas around the ship so you can get your bearings.

Welcome to cruising and enjoy your cruise.

Archived