Internet Cafe on Freedom

Grace1107

I am sailing on the Freedom in two weeks. I know there is internet service on the ship but I really didn't want to take my computer. I will have to use a computer to take care of some work. Can anyone tell me if it is hard to find an available computer on the ship or should I just plan to take my own computer?

Thanks for the information.

I don't know about availability, but the cafe computers really don't have any apps installed so unless you can do your work with notepad you are out of luck.

Also, you will be charged from the time you log of until you log off. If you must compute it would probably be better to just bring your own, or pick up a cheap netbook to bring.

Don't you pay for internet usage even if you bring your own computer??

I was just looking for a netbook to bring!;)

Yes, if you are online its the same price, 75 cents a minute, but cheaper if you buy a package.

$3.95 set up if you are using your own laptop. There was always a free computer on the conquest, they really arent used that much unless there is a crisis onboard. (when Ike was going to hit, then everyone lined up to use them), usually easy to get on a computer. I was in there daily.

Don't you pay for internet usage even if you bring your own computer??

I was just looking for a netbook to bring!;)

Yes, but only when logged on to their system to access the internet. If you are using one of the internet cafe machines you are charged whether you are using the internet or not.

OP said he needed the computer to do some work, he didn't specify internet.

.75 a minute is expensive if you are just writing a work document.

I was on the Freedom last month. Paid around $55.00 for 100 minutes. They sometimes have specials where you only get charged for half of your minutes that day. Was never a problem to get one of their computers. I usually went there around 10-10:30 p.m. Always a free computer to use. Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Yes, but only when logged on to their system to access the internet. If you are using one of the internet cafe machines you are charged whether you are using the internet or not.

OP said he needed the computer to do some work, he didn't specify internet.

.75 a minute is expensive if you are just writing a work document.

I do need the internet to check and respond to email. There's a chance that I will have to complete a form and submit it on line. I want to spend as little time as possible doing work on my vacation! :)

Thank you for all the information.

Archived