Gty change

I have been told by RCCL more than once that as soon as you are assigned a category and cabin number your reservation no longer shows as a guarantee, it shows the category and cabin number only.

I agree. With my guarantee cabin bookings the original invoices from RC and X showed the cabin as the category Gty. A second invoice after our cabin was assigned shows the cabin category, number and discription and our Set Sail or X's Express passes indicated our cabin number.

So I had an inside guarantee and was assigned a Q category cabin. There are no Q's left. If I call them, should I ask for an inside cabin in a different category since all the Q's are gone?

IMO since there are no cabins available for selection in your assigned category you can only ask to go back in the gty pool and hope you don't get re-assigned to your old cabin because it will probably be the only Cat. Q available. Maybe you'll be lucky and get an ungrade to even that balcony Gonzo said you should demand. I wouldn't do that, just ask nicely to go back into the pool.

Why stop there? You are shortchanging yourself. I would demand a balcony. :rolleyes:

Hey Gonzo70, you didn't reply to my inquiry re if you worked for RCCI or where did you get your facts on how the guarantee bookings must happen or proceed?

Why stop there? You are shortchanging yourself. I would demand a balcony. :rolleyes:

Your sarcasm is so unecessary!!

I suggest if you have nothing constructive to say..... you say nothing!!

Your sarcasm is so unnecessary!!!

I suggest if you have nothing constructive to say.... you say nothing!!!

Your sarcasm is so unnecessary!!!

I suggest if you have nothing constructive to say.... you say nothing!!!

Thank you mamasue. That goes for this board and life in general. Gonzo70, didn't your mother teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!?!?!

Thanks again to all who have helped with my original question. I think right now me and my cabin mates have decided to stick with what we have. I will continue to watch for price drops although we got what I think is a really good price for a 5 night ($299 for 1st and 2nd and $249 for third).

Since the 11/26 prices on the Navigator haven't dropped yet, we are going to book on Monday a balcony GTY? Who and what determines whether it is a D1, etc.? If we have 23 cruise credits does that help?

We're on your same 11/26 sailing, and since we booked the prices have gone down three times, all this past week. We originally booked an inside guarantee for $319 (now $209), then switched to an outside guarantee for $349 (now $299), and then this past Monday switched again to a balcony guarantee for $449 (now $419). The balcony guarantee price has come down $100+ since we originally booked our inside guarantee. I'd like to see it drop a little further even, to $399 or less. :-)

We were assigned an E2 balcony toward the front of the ship, but I had my TA call RCCL and switch us to an E2 on the hump. No muss, no fuss, RCCL will gladly make the switch if it's in the same category. Since then, though, there has been a residency rate for the D2 category of $20 less than what we paid for our guarantee so I had my TA switch us to that. Bigger cabin for less $$$.

See you onboard---

Jon and Mark

Thanks NC Mtn Boys - I will have the TA book the GTY balcony for us when she gets back on Monday, we also get a $100 diamond discount and a special booking incentive of $50 from the agency. I have been on this ship many times before and have a favorite area, so I guess we will find out where the room is on MOnday.

Archived