Gty change

Made my final payment monday and received my guarantee cabin assignment yesterday (deck 2 inside cabin front of ship). This is my first time doing a guarantee. From this board I have learned that you can ask to be put back into the guarantee pool to see if another (perhaps better located) cabin can be assigned. Not sure if I'm want to do that since the one I was allocated doesn't seem to bad for our needs. However, if I or my cabin mates decide we want to be put back in the gty pool, is it better to wait until some of the more "undesireable" cabins sell so we don't get something worse?

A guarantee cabin is when you receive a discounted price in exchange for allowing the cruise line to select your cabin for you. If you are worried about location or have a particular cabin you want, don't book a guarantee, just pay up for the cabin you want.

Yes you can go back into the pool...

But... if you're quite happy with the cabin you've got... I'd stick with it... you may end up with one you like even less!!

Also... the sooner you do it, the more choice you've got... in case you need to go into the 'pool' again!

We've booked a GTY for every cruise we've ever had.... and never ended up with a cabin we were unhappy with!!

My cruise is on Jan 21, 2010. Paid it off last Monday and still have not been assigned my GTY W room. I am going nuts waiting and checking. I hope it is soon. There are a plenty of suites opened in the JS and GS category, and 1 in the OS. If I get a JS I do not like I am going to just pay the extra 8 dollars and pick a JS I do like, so I really want them to assign before the price goes up. If I get something higher I will feel like I hit the lottery!!!

If you are happy I would not change. You might end up near the anchor or under a club!

Thank you to those who actually tried to help answer my question. I appreciate your responses. To others (Gonzo70) and any future posters, why bother giving lectures. I asked a question and only wished for an answer. If I wanted a lecture I would have called my mother.

Thank you to those who actually tried to help answer my question. I appreciate your responses. To others (Gonzo70) and any future posters, why bother giving lectures. I asked a question and only wished for an answer. If I wanted a lecture I would have called my mother.

The same person gave me the same lecture when I asked about changing a GTY previously.

If people have nothing positive to say I wonder why they bother posting.

I booked a guarantee for my upcoming cruise and received a room all the way forward on deck 2. I decided earlier this week to see if I could get a room towards the middle of the same deck. I called RCI and asked if the could put me back in GTD status. There's the possibility of being put in the same room or worse but I decided to take the risk. I was reassigned by the end of the day and I am happy with the new room.

Made my final payment monday and received my guarantee cabin assignment yesterday (deck 2 inside cabin front of ship). This is my first time doing a guarantee. From this board I have learned that you can ask to be put back into the guarantee pool to see if another (perhaps better located) cabin can be assigned. Not sure if I'm want to do that since the one I was allocated doesn't seem to bad for our needs. However, if I or my cabin mates decide we want to be put back in the gty pool, is it better to wait until some of the more "undesireable" cabins sell so we don't get something worse?

Hi, Beeee. I'm on the same cruise and made a gty outside reservation. We paid ours in full beginning of September and still haven't been assigned...or I'm looking in the wrong place!

Gonzo 70 are you a RCCI employee or is that your impression how the guarantee booking system works?

So why is it if you've booked directly with RC and have been assigned an gty cabin, if you call in to RC, their CVPs or agents will allow you to switch your assigned cabin to another in the same category if it is available? I guess the RC emploees don't know how the system works either. I been told that it is a random selection by their computer system among the available cabins that meets the gty criteria. IMO if you have some C&A status that helps get you an upgrade if there is a limited availability in the exact gty category needed for the gty assignments.

Hi, Beeee. I'm on the same cruise and made a gty outside reservation. We paid ours in full beginning of September and still haven't been assigned...or I'm looking in the wrong place!

If you go to the Royal Caribbean website, log and, and click on manage your reservation it will show your stateroom if it has been assigned. If it has not been assigned it will say something like "TBD" (for to be determined) next to stateroom number. Usually you will be assigned prior to sailing, but in rare cases it is not assigned until you arrive at the pier. Also, sometimes your initial assignment is changed - that happened to me once and luckily it was an upgrade from a window room to a balcony. Good luck with your assignment.

don't worry about what anyone posts on here...call RCCL and ask if they can put you back into the pool to be reassigned if you are not happy with the cabin they gave you (especialy if there are better cabins available in the same category they had given you).

Just be warned; like others said you could go back in the pool and end up with a worse cabin or the same cabin again! That's what happened to me; RCCL put me back in the pool and i got he same cabin i was trying to get out of (1st fwd cabin deck 2)! Finally my TA called them and she was able to get me into a cabin that was more mid-ship.

Good luck!

Why not just look at websites that shows more of the available cabins than the RC website does and call in to RC to nicely ask their CVP if you can move over to the other cabin in the same category that you found available.

That works for me several times when I've booked guarantees direct with RC.

I believe Samira0207 problem was that he booked through a TA thus should request such changes through that TA.

Karemark....not sure why I got my guarantee cabin already and you did not. Perhaps it's because I had an inside gty and you have an outside gty. Maybe you'll get yours soon.

At the beginning of Dec 2008, we booked a gty inside on the 12 night Explorer holiday cruise out of Cape Liberty for an absurdly low price (NY res. only). With 2 weeks to go before sailing we were assigned an inside HC on deck 9 just off the rear elevator bank. The HC was 250 sq. ft. almost as big as a JS. The ultimate holiday surprise home run. Now we are spoiled.:)

At the beginning of Dec 2008, we booked a gty inside on the 12 night Explorer holiday cruise out of Cape Liberty for an absurdly low price (NY res. only). With 2 weeks to go before sailing we were assigned an inside HC on deck 9 just off the rear elevator bank. The HC was 250 sq. ft. almost as big as a JS. The ultimate holiday surprise home run. Now we are spoiled.:)

That is awesome. I don't think our ship is selling well so maybe I'll get an upgrade later on...although there is still plenty of time to sell those additional cabins. One can always have hope!

If you get a GTY cabin you don't like much, and you're satill a long way out from your cruise.... don't despair, because...

If you find a price drop and call up for OBC, you have to put your cabin back in the GTY pool anyway!!

Every time I have booked guarantee and didn't like my cabin location, I would look online to see if there were any others I liked better and called RCCL to have them change me. I have never been turned down but there also have always been other cabins available in my category. I have been told by RCCL more than once that as soon as you are assigned a category and cabin number your reservation no longer shows as a guarantee, it shows the category and cabin number only.

Our last gty was a balcony gty. Got a cabin assigned. Looked at one of the sites that show a ton of available cabins and saw that an aft D1 was available. Called customer service ask for and received a change of cabins. Does not hurts to ask.

I was booked in a balcony gty on Enchantment for 9/10/09 sailing. I had been following a particular cabin number I wanted. When RCL assigned my cabin in category D1 and it was not the one I had been hoping for, I just called them as the poster mentioned above and had them change me to the cabin I wanted. As long as you choose another cabin number in the same category you were assigned, they will gladly make the change.

I was booked in a balcony gty on Enchantment for 9/10/09 sailing. I had been following a particular cabin number I wanted. When RCL assigned my cabin in category D1 and it was not the one I had been hoping for, I just called them as the poster mentioned above and had them change me to the cabin I wanted. As long as you choose another cabin number in the same category you were assigned, they will gladly make the change.

So I had an inside guarantee and was assigned a Q category cabin. There are no Q's left. If I call them, should I ask for an inside cabin in a different category since all the Q's are gone?

Why not just look at websites that shows more of the available cabins than the RC website does and call in to RC to nicely ask their CVP if you can move over to the other cabin in the same category that you found available.

That works for me several times when I've booked guarantees direct with RC.

I believe Samira0207 problem was that he booked through a TA thus should request such changes through that TA.

I so agree with this....!:D

So I had an inside guarantee and was assigned a Q category cabin. There are no Q's left. If I call them, should I ask for an inside cabin in a different category since all the Q's are gone?

Why stop there? You are shortchanging yourself. I would demand a balcony. :rolleyes:

Archived