Just off the Ecstasy post dry dock cruise...

Texas Cruising

I am working on a review but if anyone has any questions.. ask away.

And sorry I couldn't send pics or post them on the first day but my phone died while were were waiting to board in the terminal and I forgot my charger.

We didn't get on board until about 1:30 and we were in Zone 1!

We didn't make it off the ship until 12 yesterday and didn't make it home until well past 7 pm (hit traffic and an accident).

We had a great time. We left late out of Galveston due to the crew having to do their 90 day check and also because of all the extra "stuff" that had to be put on the ship since it was coming out of dry dock. We didn't sail away until it was dark and almost time for late seating dinner.

Seas were rough most of the time. You couldn't walk straight anywhere you want and we saw lots of people getting sick. Lots of people had to leave the shows and talks because of the rolling motion of the ship in the front.

Upgrades are nice but they could still use some work. Carpets are new and the pool area is great. Waterslide looked like fun but wasn't open most of the cruise. They were still working on it the first sea day.

Progresso was ok. Not much to do there. We went into town and shopped and then shopped at the pier.

Cozumel was fun. Again, we went to town and shopped and then off to San Francisco/Paradise Beach to enjoy some beach time. Then shopped at the pier stores for awhile. Had some off and on rain showers later in the day. We didn't have to be back on the ship until 6:30 pm.

Food was good. The Mongolian grill was my favorite. Our waiters were good (Joaquim and Gilbert)but not the best we have had before.

We were on Main deck with an interior room and it was very nice. Loved the bed and bedding. Everything was very clean and our room attendant was great... had great towel animals.

Ask away if you have any questions. I will write a longer review soon with pictures (lots of pictures).

Interesting that they added a Mongolian BBQ grill I take it .. like they did on Conquest. I never tried it on Conquest ... might on Ecstasy as people keep saying how good it is.

Someone else posted how the new waterworks was only open half the time. too bad, sorry you and the others must be dissapointed.

We had 25 ft waves our first time on Ecstasy so I can relate. Hope the wave action didnt hurt your fun.

Im not on her again until January, but watching.

Did they have a flat screen tv in your room?

Also, what other changes did they make during drydock? Were they noticeable?

We are on her in February 2010. Can't wait.

On another thread someone posted they had flat screens, but that they had already had them before dry dock, so no change.

I guess I had a flat screen too, just didnt know it, CRT type of tv, to me when I think of a flat screen, Im thinking the really thin kind, but they mean regular tv with a flat screen.

Do you have to pay extra for the mongolian grill or is it included? Also, how much does the sushi cost or range from (assuming it's not included)?

FREE for both. The sushi isnt like what I buy at Walmart, had no raw fish, and the green wasnt avacado, but asparagus ... it was ok, but not that great to me. Harder to find the sushi on Fantasy class ships. On Conquest its a big place on the promenade, so we walked by it all the time.

I've sailed the Conquest but not familiar with exactly where or what the Mongolian grill is. I sail on the Ecstasy on Monday so can someone help me? :rolleyes:

Its on the starboard side, aft of the pool on Conquest. They have to have it outside, because its smoky, so the smoke can vent. Didnt seem so smoky this last time (they must have worked on the ventilation, because it was improved). We were there when it first opened and again on my B2B last month.

They stir fry it very hot, so it gets smoky there. You pick out what you want, and what sauce, veggies and meat and then they cook it up for you.

FREE for both. The sushi isnt like what I buy at Walmart, had no raw fish, and the green wasnt avacado, but asparagus ... it was ok, but not that great to me. Harder to find the sushi on Fantasy class ships. On Conquest its a big place on the promenade, so we walked by it all the time.

this is SO not meant to be an obnoxious, condescending, snide, "i'm superior to the people who shop at wal-mart" sort of post.

but you can buy sushi at walmart? did i miss a memo?

Thanks Firefly for answering the questions.. I didn't get to log back in this weekend.

As for the sushi, I wasn't impressed with the sushi at the sushi bar either. It was ok but everything was cooked and the mixtures of ingredients were odd.

I did have some WONDERFUL sushi one day in the dining room for lunch.

And the mongolian grill was wonderful. You do have to watch the sauces.. some are spicy.

Thanks Firefly for answering the questions.. I didn't get to log back in this weekend.

As for the sushi, I wasn't impressed with the sushi at the sushi bar either. It was ok but everything was cooked and the mixtures of ingredients were odd.

I did have some WONDERFUL sushi one day in the dining room for lunch.

And the mongolian grill was wonderful. You do have to watch the sauces.. some are spicy.

I agree about the sushi, the selection on the promenade is pretty basic stuff, but the "study in sushi" in the MDR is excellent!

this is SO not meant to be an obnoxious, condescending, snide, "i'm superior to the people who shop at wal-mart" sort of post.

but you can buy sushi at walmart? did i miss a memo?

It's only at certain Wal Marts....In the area where I live (between 2 cities) the larger city has an older Wal Mart....no sushi.......the smaller city, which is growing rapidly, has the "new style" Wal Mart.....and has sushi, made fresh daily.....it's pretty good, and very reasonable

Sharon

Archived