Leaving in 48 hours and starting to panic!

karen_cpa

This is the first time we are cruising with DD, who turns 2 tomorrow. I am totally in a panic over what to pack for her. I have the clothing all done, but how many toys? I did pick up some new crayons and coloring books, and will pack a favorite book or two. Also packed some little figures that she can play with at dinner.

She will eat almost anything, so I'm not too worried about that. I did pack some take-n-toss cups w/straws, 1 bottle (she still gets a nighttime bottle :rolleyes:) and a small bottle of dish soap.

Packed any meds she could need - motrin, saline spray, thermometer.

Anything else??

Don't forget her BSF (best stuffed friend) or other luvy! We were doing some cleaning last night and found the Nubin twins (Nubin was my now 14YO's BSF -- when she displayed an attachment to the original Nubin, we found its doppleganger so we'd always have a spare!) Nubin saw us through many a difficult time.

You may want to expand your medicine list a bit to include something for stuffy noses and queezy stomachs and some Bandaids and Neosporin.

For clothes did you remember some hats? If you are doing a cruise where your 2YO can do the kids club, be certain to bring some cute PJs, most kids clubs have a theme night where the kids wear their pajamas.

Snacks for the trip. And if you are flying you may want a bottle or sippy cup for her -- fill with water and encourage her to drink during take off and landing to avoid stopped up ears.

Have a great trip!

This is the first time we are cruising with DD, who turns 2 tomorrow. I am totally in a panic over what to pack for her. I have the clothing all done, but how many toys? I did pick up some new crayons and coloring books, and will pack a favorite book or two. Also packed some little figures that she can play with at dinner.

She will eat almost anything, so I'm not too worried about that. I did pack some take-n-toss cups w/straws, 1 bottle (she still gets a nighttime bottle :rolleyes:) and a small bottle of dish soap.

Packed any meds she could need - motrin, saline spray, thermometer.

Anything else??

I have always had my son carry his backpack, and whatever can fit in there that he loves, is always more than enough. That way, he gets to carry it.

Do you have a portable DVD player? Does she like a movie now and again? We took ours and found that it was great for that time in the afternoon when a nap was a really good idea.

Really, once you are on board, camp has so much going on that they are busy 9-12 am and then again from 2-5 in the afternoon. They can join dinner at 6, if they are not eating with you, and camp is open again 7-10.

Don't forget her BSF (best stuffed friend) or other luvy! We were doing some cleaning last night and found the Nubin twins (Nubin was my now 14YO's BSF -- when she displayed an attachment to the original Nubin, we found its doppleganger so we'd always have a spare!) Nubin saw us through many a difficult time.

You may want to expand your medicine list a bit to include something for stuffy noses and queezy stomachs and some Bandaids and Neosporin.

For clothes did you remember some hats? If you are doing a cruise where your 2YO can do the kids club, be certain to bring some cute PJs, most kids clubs have a theme night where the kids wear their pajamas.

Snacks for the trip. And if you are flying you may want a bottle or sippy cup for her -- fill with water and encourage her to drink during take off and landing to avoid stopped up ears.

Have a great trip!

Thank you so much!

We don't leave home ever without her lovey (pooh bear). I'm trying to sneak it away for a spin in the washing machine, but she is holding onto it for dear life! We do have a backup, but she 100% knows the difference and has tossed the backup out of her crib many, many times! I may still have hubby sneak the backup into his bag in case pooh goes overboard or something.

Added bandaids and neosporin to the toiletry bag. At 2, I didn't think she could take much medicine, but I did pick up some dramimine.

Hat - great idea!

We only live about 30 minutes from the port, so no flying. Our cruise is over Halloween, so I did buy her a special pair of PJ's in case they did something that night.

Thank you so much!!

I have always had my son carry his backpack, and whatever can fit in there that he loves, is always more than enough. That way, he gets to carry it.

Do you have a portable DVD player? Does she like a movie now and again? We took ours and found that it was great for that time in the afternoon when a nap was a really good idea.

Really, once you are on board, camp has so much going on that they are busy 9-12 am and then again from 2-5 in the afternoon. They can join dinner at 6, if they are not eating with you, and camp is open again 7-10.

Thank you!

Hubby is worried that her suitcase will get lost - so I packed all of her things into a carryon and we'll carry it on and just check our 2 bags.

We don't have a portable DVD player, but our room does, so we packed a few of her favorites.

I'm nervous about camp, but I'm hoping once I get there and see it, I will relax a little. She has never been with anyone other than myself or my mom (I work PT), so I'm hoping she will be okay with others. She is super social since many of my friends have kids the same age and we get together all the time.

I don't know if I'm too late here, but my experience traveling with my kids at that age is that we always had too many toys. We would haul along a ton of stuff, but our toddlers were always so curious about their new surroundings that they weren't too interested in conventional toys. On the other hand, the number of books should be determined by how much weight you can bear. We always went though all of our books as reading was always a huge hit with our kids, we would read until our voices were hoarse.:rolleyes:

I'm so glad I'm reading this. I leave on Sunday with my 2 yr old (9 and 7yr old too) but I am just a wreck trying to think of everything I may need. Cute pj's was helpful as I didn't think of this for the older kids. so far I've had the other things...anything else anyone can think of?

thanks a bunch,

Mimma:)

We sailed with a 9 yr old last year and he brought his nintendo ds and it stayed in his suitcase. He played in the kids club, the arcade and played w/ the new friends he met onboard. Don't worry about the older kids being bored, they love to explore and we'd play "Scavenger Hunt" as a family. We pick a deck and go in search of things like (lifeboats, the letter T, a phone, a glass w/ a cherry in it, a poster covered door....silly stuff like that)

We never sailed w/ a toddler or baby and it's been quite a while since we had one that young, so I'm no help there. Sorry!!

We sailed with a 9 yr old last year and he brought his nintendo ds and it stayed in his suitcase. He played in the kids club, the arcade and played w/ the new friends he met onboard. Don't worry about the older kids being bored, they love to explore and we'd play "Scavenger Hunt" as a family. We pick a deck and go in search of things like (lifeboats, the letter T, a phone, a glass w/ a cherry in it, a poster covered door....silly stuff like that)

We never sailed w/ a toddler or baby and it's been quite a while since we had one that young, so I'm no help there. Sorry!!

I'll second that, the DS did come in handy when we flew to Miami for our Liberty trip, kept DS6 happy. Our Alaska cruise however, the DS didn't even see the light of day as it was never used on the ship (too busy) and the Air Canada planes have in-seat TV

Archived