Champagnes/Sparkling Wine on NCL ???

guyver

That would be my new friend chloemonkey....but I read it the way you did!:D

We were given a list of choices for 6 liters? of liquor and as we are not big on hard liquor (I am however VERY big on champagne!) I asked if we could "switch" the 6 bottles for champagne.

I had received info on these boards that it should not be a problem but it was sort of a hassle as it had to go all of the way to the hotel manager I think? Anyway, I was offered 6 bottles of the house brand ( don't remember the name but it had not been too good as it was the freebie waiting in the room) and so I told them no thank you - and that I would rather have a lesser number of bottles of a better brand.

Bottom line I got 2 bottles of Moet in exchange for the 6 liquor that we had coming in the GV. It was almost embarrasing as it involved the poor concierge, butler, etc. having to check....and when the final "decision" came down regarding the 2 bottle exchange, I told them that it was absolutely fine - no problem. But in hindsight, I do think that 2 bottles of Moet was a bit on the "cheap" side for what we spent for the GV.

Guess my point is that the cost/value of the champagne was about $100 so that is what the cost of the 6 bottles must be. So.....it probably isn't the best of labels on the hard stuff, right?

But you can still be my best friend! If you drink champagne that is!

Hi I thought I would answer your thread, because I have tried all three champagne's you asked about. (I am a restaurant manager and have taken a few wine classes) I absolutly love all three but in their own ways. Tattinger is probably my favorite because in my opinion it is the driest of all three. Vuve is right in the middle, and Moet White star is definitly on the sweeter side (thought not as sweet as Moet Nectar Imperial). If you can afford expensive champagne, go for it, but there are also some incredible sparkling wines out there from Italy and Spain. Oh and ice wine is an awesome after dinner drink. Enjoy your cruise and sipping on your balcony!

We were on the Star about a month ago and carried on 2 bottles of champagne. It was in a carry on backpack, they pulled out the wine, brought us to the side and took our cabin number for the charge. No problem, $15 each bottle.

If you do carry on champagne I vote for Piper-Sonoma, it's easy to find and I like it better than the Mumm Napa. Our favorite is Bovet Brut (that's what we carried on, it's french and only about $13/bottle we found it years ago when that was an expensive bottle! We still love it and if we can find it, it's still our favorite. I did enjoy both V Cliquot and Piper-Heidsek while we lived in Germany.

Cheers!

Vic

Hi I thought I would answer your thread' date=' because I have tried all three champagne's you asked about. (I am a restaurant manager and have taken a few wine classes) I absolutly love all three but in their own ways. Tattinger is probably my favorite because in my opinion it is the driest of all three. Vuve is right in the middle, and Moet White star is definitly on the sweeter side (thought not as sweet as Moet Nectar Imperial). If you can afford expensive champagne, go for it, but there are also some incredible sparkling wines out there from Italy and Spain. Oh and ice wine is an awesome after dinner drink. Enjoy your cruise and sipping on your balcony![/quote']

Hey DC'sGirl, We are on the same cruise. I think your the couple on their honeymoon dealing with us "old" people with teens! You sound like someone with a ton of good information. Can't wait to talk some more:o

We were given a list of choices for 6 liters? of liquor and as we are not big on hard liquor (I am however VERY big on champagne!) I asked if we could "switch" the 6 bottles for champagne.

I had received info on these boards that it should not be a problem but it was sort of a hassle as it had to go all of the way to the hotel manager I think? Anyway, I was offered 6 bottles of the house brand ( don't remember the name but it had not been too good as it was the freebie waiting in the room) and so I told them no thank you - and that I would rather have a lesser number of bottles of a better brand.

Bottom line I got 2 bottles of Moet in exchange for the 6 liquor that we had coming in the GV. It was almost embarrasing as it involved the poor concierge, butler, etc. having to check....and when the final "decision" came down regarding the 2 bottle exchange, I told them that it was absolutely fine - no problem. But in hindsight, I do think that 2 bottles of Moet was a bit on the "cheap" side for what we spent for the GV.

Guess my point is that the cost/value of the champagne was about $100 so that is what the cost of the 6 bottles must be. So.....it probably isn't the best of labels on the hard stuff, right?

But you can still be my best friend! If you drink champagne that is!

So I guess if your in an A-3 courtyard villa no liquor for free:( Too bad you'de think they'd throw you a bone some where along the way I guess I could try to get the travel agent to work on this.:)

Archived