Which is the best Beach & closes beach to the port

Ruth

Want to send the day at the beach that provides umbrellas & chairs to rent. Also want beach bars & restaurant in walking distance of umbrellas.....Any suggestions?

You will dock at Havensight and the closest beach Is Morningstar Beach less then 10 min taxi ride. Emerald Beach is the next closest less then 15 minutes.

Both beaches have what you are asking for and IMHO Emerald is nicer.

Looks like Emerald Beach is @ the Best Western....Do you go through the Best Western to get to the Beach...will they let us spend the day on the beach and eat @ there Restaurant & Drink from there Bar?

Looks like Emerald Beach is @ the Best Western....Do you go through the Best Western to get to the Beach...will they let us spend the day on the beach and eat @ there Restaurant & Drink from there Bar?

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Entrance to beach. The path is a little to the right of the main lobby.

1617398697_CCLTriumph2008-069.jpg.a8db6d5253313212943b65e5e8c85b0c.jpg

You will dock at Havensight and the closest beach Is Morningstar Beach less then 10 min taxi ride. Emerald Beach is the next closest less then 15 minutes.

Both beaches have what you are asking for and IMHO Emerald is nicer.

Both these beaches sound easy to get to by taxi. Just wondering about the availability of taxi's to get back to the ship. Will be there in January for the first time.

If you have never been to St. Thomas, go to Megans Bay. It is considered one of the top ten beaches in the Caribbean. It should cost you $8 per person each way with an entrance of fee (i forget) like $4. It has all the services/facilites you could want.

I have been to what some are calling Emerald Beach, I was told it was called Lindberg Bay (Best Western). I loved it there too. Much less people on the beach, but you are right next to the Airport. I still say do Megans first, then Coki Beach, then Lindberg or consider St. John for Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay. This is my favorite port because there are so many absolutely beautiful beaches on St. John and St. Thomas.

Ruth,

Morningstar beach at the Marriott is a great beach. They have a nice beach bar/restaurant, clean bathroom, chairs to rent and the best part is the short ride. Most people are going in the opposite direction so there is no traffic. The beach never seemed crowded and finding a taxi back is easy, just ask the driver to come back at a certain time or have the hotel call a taxi. I have been to Morningstar beach (3x) and Emerald beach both are nice. Emerald Beach is closer to the other pier not Havensport. Have a great time.

Archived