Carnival Valor

muench

I think when reading reviews for a ship, you need to read as many as you can, then think about all that you've read and try to figure out if the issues raised would even bother you or affect you. Also keep in mind that it is a new ship, and they are probably still working out the kinks so hopefully that will lessen any complaints as time goes on.

When were you thinking of sailing? We have a group that is sailing the Valor's western itinerary on 6/12/05, and we have great pricing for those booked with our group. Plus every cabin in our group will get a $150 shipboard credit. If you'd like more info on our group, just click on the link in my signature, or click on Member Cruises on the menu at the top of the screen. :)

I've only been on 3 cruises but I loved everyone of them. Before my first two cruises, I read some reviews of each ship that scared me to death. Once onboard the ships, I couldn't believe the really negative reviews were talking about the same ships. For my most recent cruise, I didn't bother to read many reviews about the Victory because I've learned that if you do your research and know what to expect beforehand, you're going to have a great time.

We were on the inaugural sailing of the Valor 12/19-12/26. The whole cruise was fabulous. I have posted my review on the main Carnival board. Just do a seach of "Valor" and you will find several reviews from people that have gone on this ship. Have a great time!

I will be sailing on 6/19. I'm sorry :( I missed the CCG by 1 week. My anniversary is on the 24th.

Thanks everyone for your relpies. And you are right - a cruise is what you make of it. My last cruise I heard mixed reviews about it but I still went and had a great time. I'm exciting about sailing on a new ship.

I hope everyone enjoys their cruise - whatever they decide to do.

Happy Sailing!!

• 4 months later...

We will be traveling on the Valor with three 14 year olds. The ship seems so big. Is it safe to leave them roam around the ship by themselves? We will be doing shore excursions together but am concerned about their safety on the ship. This is our first cruise experience. Thanks

We sailed on the Conquest with our 15YO boy girl twins. We bought a set of 4 walkie talkies so we could all be in contact.

Have the kids attend the teen's meeting the first night - they'll meet the "counselor" for their age group, plus they'll get to meet other kids.

My two were on their own most of the time and were always with a group their age. The area on the Promenade is where they seemed to be most of the time - the arcade and teen disco were a huge part of their "ship life".

We did give them the old "Don't go to any cabins with older people / creepy people etc" talk- they seemed to do fine.

Did the May 8th cruise on the Valor. The cruise was great (Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martin).

We have done seven cruises and are booked for our eight on the Liberty. So you can see, if we did not like the Valor, we would not book the Liberty since it is a twin to the Valor. The ship is big and beautiful but is not easy to get around in. Just remember, you need to go to Deck 5 or 9 to get from the front to the back (and vise versa). That sounds easy but you will still get lost.

We enjoyed the food but I have read negative reviews also. So much depends on the individual that you need to take these reviews with a grain of salt. (Would you consider that a pun?)

The shows are fabulous. Enough said.

The cabins are very spacious for 2 and are comfortable. With each person added, it can get very tight. Five people would be terrible.

When you read the reviews you need to put a few things in perspectus. Rough water can make for a rough cruise in more ways than one. If the ship is crowded, that can have a negative effect although I have to say, we sailed with well over 3,000 passengers and did not notice any real problems. Time of year can be important. Expect many college kids in May and a younger group and lots of small kids in June and July. Expect more rain in June (rainy season) in the Caribbean. Hurricanes happen from June through October and that can mess up a cruise. Many people judge their ship based on these factors but that is not a true observation.

You will like the Valor if you have an open mind. It's a fun ship.

We are booked on the Carnival Valor for June. I heard great things about this ship but also some negative points of view. Does anyone have any comments on this new ship? Thanks!

I feel mixed about the Valor.

All the standards that you come to love about Carnival were in place, 24 hr ice cream and pizza. A show with dinner(dancing servers)

ABOVE PAR real shows in a state of the art theater. a kids program with lots of fun! and special hangouts for teens! a mega liner with under staffed over worked personnel. from all over the world, so you can enrich yourself of world cultures if you take the time to converse with them.

The food is ... well is food! I would say how many ways can you really make breakfast unquie, or different! lunch at your beck and call all a good deal! Dinner, you don't like it get something else, ( i did have an issue with the special chef that was on the ship at our cruise time, he had this thing about juniper seasoning) nothing meets your fancy order room service, all else fails grab some pizza. not like you could ever starve on a cruise! :p

The way they heard you on and off..always needs improvement. when it's no longer anything to talk about you know then the issues been dealt with!

ports of call all tried and true. lots of fun to be had on shore!

More than enough opportunities to indulge in your favorite pass times, and join in on some of this ships also.

i'm indifferent about the decor, it didn't really impress or disappoint. at times I think there was just so many people you probably couldn't even appreciate, some of the touches.

more good than bad but, some concerns are still concerns!

We took our anniversary cruise on the Valor 4/305. We loved it. Yes there were looks of kids the good news was they were not mine and mostly well behaved.

My dh had never cruised before and we are now planning another cruise for '07 to the southern carribean.

There is plenty to do and see. Hope you have as much fun as we did.

Archived