Removing Carnival Logo From Ship's Exterior

DarthGrady

I just got back from Freedom of the Seas today. While we were at Port Canaveral I noticed that the large Carnival logo on the side of Sensation had been painted over. I figured this was something that got overlooked during her dry dock.

When we got to St. Maarten, I noticed the same had been done to the Miracle. Anyone know why they are doing this? Sorry for the crude MS-Paint edit job, but I wanted to get this up quick since it has been nagging at me.

Sensation

232323232%7Ffp43353%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D329738684%3B326nu0mrj

Miracle

232323232%7Ffp43367%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3297386843326nu0mrj

I just got back from Freedom of the Seas today. While we were at Port Canaveral I noticed that the large Carnival logo on the side of Sensation had been painted over. I figured this was something that got overlooked during her dry dock.

Good eye, Darth!

Just got off Carnival Sensation this morning, and I have to admit that I'd not noticed that. I also just checked my photos from my Sensation sailing in August, and it's not there either, so it must have disappeared during drydock as you stated.

I hope you had a nice time on FotS. I highly intend to do that ship soon now that it's sailing from so closeby.

good eye, grady, i didn't notice that...

but i have THREE more to add to the list - taken during the week of 9/20-9/27...

pride...

IMG_4948.jpg

fascination...

IMG_5206.jpg

and ecstasy...

ecs-2.jpg

i have no idea why they're doing it, but looks like they started this at least a month ago...

Good eye, Darth!

Just got off Carnival Sensation this morning, and I have to admit that I'd not noticed that. I also just checked my photos from my Sensation sailing in August, and it's not there either, so it must have disappeared during drydock as you stated.

I hope you had a nice time on FotS. I highly intend to do that ship soon now that it's sailing from so closeby.

Thanks Don, we did have a wonderful time. Keep and eye out over at the RCI forums, I will hopefully start posting my review and pictures up by mid week.

I don't recall ever seeing a Carnival logo on Destiny or Freedom. Here is a full broadside shot of the Freedom taken 12/07:

http://dodgerdigital.smugmug.com/Vacation/Caribbean-Cruise-2007-3/4013363_zLbbt#233555217_uvme4

The Conquest and Destiny classes have a more subtle semi triangular logo up near the top, where the tiered sun decks go up (see attachment). The Fantasy, Spirit and Splendor classes have the big logo on the hull, or did anyway. I don't know if the Dream has it.

Maybe they want fleet wide uniformity, and its easier to paint over the existing ones, than to add them to the Destiny and Conquest classes?

carnival_conquest_cruiseship.jpg.3f384c5ec23714fe34a03397a461198a.jpg

Maybe they just removed the full logo's because they are sorta... random? Who needs it when you have your real logo (the wing-tipped funnel) on top of the vessel? I have noticed over this year that Carnival is stepping away from the squared logo in favor for the wing-tipped funnel (all official stationary now feature it).

New logo:

carnivallogo.jpg

Edit: Oddly enough, Dream's renderings showed the full logo near the bow (see my signature), but it didn't materialize on the finished product:

Carnival-Dream.jpg

Odd.

Maybe they just removed the full logo's because they are sorta... random? Who needs it when you have your real logo (the wing-tipped funnel) on top of the vessel? I have noticed over this year that Carnival is stepping away from the squared logo in favor for the wing-tipped funnel (all official stationary now feature it).

New logo:

carnivallogo.jpg

Edit: Oddly enough, Dream's renderings showed the full logo near the bow (see my signature), but it didn't materialize on the finished product:

Carnival-Dream.jpg

Odd.

That does make sense, I have noticed that a lot of the new marketing stuff has the funnel all over it.

Good eye, Darth!

Don, sorry to hijack, but will you be writing a review or giving any information on your 3 nighter? We're heading out in less than 2 weeks on the 3 night and I'm looking for any and all information.

Thanks.

Archived