Removing Carnival Logo From Ship's Exterior

DarthGrady

Interesting. I am wondering too if it has something to do with consistency as was suggested earlier? I like the logo placement that was on the Dream rendering. Maybe they plan on consistent placement on all the ships.

The funnel is probably their best branding. Maybe they will be leaving the logo off the bow altogether.

It's not on the Paradise anymore. It was there in May and gone in August. Didn't even notice it until I saw this thread and looked at my pictures.

[ATTACH]137040[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]137041[/ATTACH]

The funnel is to be their new logo.

The funnel is to be their new logo.

Very possible, but I still don't understand why they would paint over the existing ones. I can't imagine that there would be any confusion, since the square logo is obviously the same design as what is painted on the funnel itself.

I'm speculating but I'd just chalk it up to corporate branding (similar to what KFC and Burger King have done). The thought is that keeping the logo current\hip\trendy is good for business. Companies do this sort of thing all the time, the company I work for did it just a year to two ago.

IMHO the old square logo looked very dated... probably why Carnival is doing away with it.

This is a pic of the Elation without it from the webcam. This was 10/1/09.

2733595990105042200S600x600Q85.jpg

I was just going to post that I noticed the same thing on my cruise on the Elation in September. We were docked in Ensenada and from the pier I noticed that you could still see the outline, just not the colors. I truly thought that perhaps is was getting repainted but I guess not. :eek:

I'm speculating but I'd just chalk it up to corporate branding (similar to what KFC and Burger King have done). The thought is that keeping the logo current\hip\trendy is good for business. Companies do this sort of thing all the time, the company I work for did it just a year to two ago.

IMHO the old square logo looked very dated... probably why Carnival is doing away with it.

I have to agree the square logo doesn't scream, "All for Fun, Fun for All!"

Maybe John Heald knows?

I'm thinking that they decided to remove the logo, because of the accident in Cozumel with the Legend. No logo, no one knows who done it! Plus if the ships are just swapping white paint, there won't be a need to paint the ship!

The most obvious reason appears to be that the night before RCCL announces their buy-out of Carnival the new RCCL logo can be painted & dried in time for the official announcement ~~!!~~201.gif

It would be more realistic if it was the other way around. Carnival buying RCI.

It would be more realistic if it was the other way around. Carnival buying RCI.
I thought the exact same thing.

Is that really their new logo? It does look remarkably similar to the Pepsi logo.
No - it's a joke. It's supposed to look like the Pepsi logo.

They probably want to save on paint. Some brain trust probably figured out how often you need to re paint the logo, times the number of ships, and all those gallons of paint cost and said let's just paint it white.

Now isn't that plausible, since Carnival is looking for ways to cut here and there.... Ahhh, let's be politically correct here, not "cut", but "reform" the way they are doing things:D

Archived