How do you set up a meet & greet?

mandms40

Im a veteran of these boards, but I cant tell you how to contact the ship to get a room. We (our roll call) would like to meet on the Triumph and so far we are still discussing how to meet once onboard to watch sailaway. We cruise in Dec and are still not sure where to agree to meet, since none of us have been on Triumph before.

If you cant find a way to do it officially, you can always just agree to meet some place and shake hands. We did it informally before at sail away by a bar up on the pool deck and then later the next day.

You can do an less Official Meet and Greet by going to your Roll Call and asking folks to get together at 3PM on Embarkation Day at a selected location.

I would stay away from the Piano Bar or the lounges...because IF there is a wedding party onboard...those locations will be in use.

We have used the Atrium bar before...as well as the back Lido bar on the Conquest class.

A little more "official" Meet and Greet can be planned for later on in the cruise by going to the Purser's Desk (I know Guest Services) and asking to use the Piano Bar the first Sea Day (usually ...but not always the next day) at 2PM.

If you want to wait a few days (like the last Sea Day)...you can also have it printed in the Capers.

There is no charge either way....

Enjoy~~

Just got off the Liberty last month and we signed up for our Meet & Greet on our roll call & one person took charge and contacted Carnival and got a lounge from 5-6pm on the day of embarktion a little after the muster drill

The lounge was closed to everyone except our group. For $11.44 person we got unlimited alcohol/sodas & snacks for one hour. They were not stingy with the aclcohol. We had 35 to 40 people. I know I had at least 6 drinks:eek:!!!! They just kept bringing them.

Loved having it on the 1st day because it set the tone for the rest of the cruise. Several of us hung out for the rest of the cruise and have already booked another cruise together on the Dream next Sept.. None of us had met prior to the roll call or Meet & Greet.

This was our 5th cruise and the best due to our roll call. I believe we have made friends for life. Hope this helps.

I just got off Triumph and we had a small meet and greet with some people from our roll call. It was not as organized as the last poster. I just said lets meet for lunch at the buffet on the 2nd day which was a sea day. Since I was not familar with the ship we just said meet near the entrance to the buffet, they were several. We did manage to end up with 4 couples meeting. Not sure what happened to the rest of the people. We even had a small CC sign on the 2 tables we sat at. It was nice to have people to say hi to when we ran into them on the ship.

Thanks to everyone for posting, A friend of mine had told me to contact Carnival to set up a meet & greet, but I didnt know how to go about it, or who to ask. She said you can get a 1 hour get together with drinks and hordouvers for free, because it is a CC meet & greet, I will call tomorrow and find out what they say.

Thanks to everyone for posting, A friend of mine had told me to contact Carnival to set up a meet & greet, but I didnt know how to go about it, or who to ask. She said you can get a 1 hour get together with drinks and hordouvers for free, because it is a CC meet & greet, I will call tomorrow and find out what they say.

Send me an email... I might be able to help...

The address is in my signature.

:)

Your friend is not correct. The one hour open bar with dry snacks is $11.44pp with a minimum of 20 people. If you want the hordourves, there is an additional fee. The open bar is setup by going through the Groups Dept at Carnival.

Carnival will setup a Cruise Critic M&G by going through socialnetworking@carnival.com It is just a room with nothing extra.

Dave

Archived