3 Day Sale Starts Tuesday

gargoyle999

This is from my TA:

Carnival will be hosting a 72 hour sale starting Tuesday, October 27th, 2009 with a private preview day on Monday, October 26th, 2009 for preferred customers. Just book between October 26th- October 29th,... 2009 and we’ll load up your clients Sail & Sign® Card with up to $60 per stateroom on select 3 day cruises, up to $80 per stateroom on select 4 day cruises, up to $100 per stateroom on select 5 day cruises, up to $120 per stateroom on select 6 day cruises, up to $140 per stateroom on select 7 day cruises, or up to $160 per stateroom on select 8 day cruises. But here’s the coolest part. They can use the cash anywhere onboard or on a shore excursion. And at the end of their cruise, they’ll get back whatever credit they haven’t used. How great is that?

This is from my TA:

Carnival will be hosting a 72 hour sale starting Tuesday, October 27th, 2009 with a private preview day on Monday, October 26th, 2009 for preferred customers. Just book between October 26th- October 29th,... 2009 and we’ll load up your clients Sail & Sign® Card with up to $60 per stateroom on select 3 day cruises, up to $80 per stateroom on select 4 day cruises, up to $100 per stateroom on select 5 day cruises, up to $120 per stateroom on select 6 day cruises, up to $140 per stateroom on select 7 day cruises, or up to $160 per stateroom on select 8 day cruises. But here’s the coolest part. They can use the cash anywhere onboard or on a shore excursion. And at the end of their cruise, they’ll get back whatever credit they haven’t used. How great is that?

Yeppers, I just checked and I can $100 OBC on my cruise, but the cost is $140.00 more..

sounds like a real bargain to me.................Not!

I saw that on my cruise webpage, however, an interior room is $509 and you get a $160 credit, making it, essentially, $349, which is what I paid ES. This is why I don't get too terribly excited about Carnival's "sales".

Yeah but it is the same price without ES restrictions;)

Between late last night and now their fares have gone up on a cruise i was looking for next year

raise the fares then put them on sale:confused:

Also looks like ,with those amounts, they match up to what our tips would be for the amount of days cruising

Maybe they are matching what RCL is doing by basically offering prepaid gratuities

We sail in December, so I am assuming if you pay in full now, the restrictions would be just about the same in that we are only about 45 days from sailing. Can't get a full refund no matter how you look at it.

No but you can still do a name change if need be.......also by Carnival holding sales that close to sailing date really defeats ES people's chance of their price dropping after final payment..........Carnival knows what they are doing.......

I won't do ES again. For our cruise leaving sunday, with this sale I could get the highest category inside for 399.00 per person with 140.00 onboard credit. Right now we have ES lowest category inside for 399.00 no onboard credit. I am seriously considering only booking a cruise last minute from now on. This wouldn't work if I had a particular cruise or cabin that I wanted but the "rules" and penalties for ES are too much for me to do again. Stuff happens and in the past I have done name change with no problem. With ES you can't do it. You either cruise or you lose. Yes, they will credit you on a future cruise but it will also fall under the same ES rules, so then you worry about that cruise, not worth it at least to me.

I won't do ES again. For our cruise leaving sunday, with this sale I could get the highest category inside for 399.00 per person with 140.00 onboard credit. Right now we have ES lowest category inside for 399.00 no onboard credit. I am seriously considering only booking a cruise last minute from now on. This wouldn't work if I had a particular cruise or cabin that I wanted but the "rules" and penalties for ES are too much for me to do again. Stuff happens and in the past I have done name change with no problem. With ES you can't do it. You either cruise or you lose. Yes, they will credit you on a future cruise but it will also fall under the same ES rules, so then you worry about that cruise, not worth it at least to me.

I'd call and find out if it can be applied to your rate. Since the highest category costs more then your lowest category you should be able to get a price drop or atleast the OBC being offered. Call your TA or carnival (if you booked directly) and find out. It'd deffinately be worth a few minute phone call over $140 OBC.

Nope, won't work. We are in a 4A [lowest]and the cash back offer is for 4J [highest]. Categories that you are booked in have to be the same, so no dice. For our cruise on Conquest this Sunday this is what Carnival is showing with cashback offer. The sale is supposed to start Tuesday but some cruises like ours are already is the system to book.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=GAL&itinCode=WCL&durDays=7&shipCode=CQ&subRegionCode=CW&sailDate=11/1/2009&sailingID=52647

Are you sure the rate with the OBC is $399 the same as you paid?? If so, then you are entitled probably to at least a upgrade, even if you are not booked ES. If you are booked ES they got by the net/bottom line price. Others have gotten some OBC.

something doesnt sound right here, that you could have booked for the same price and now they are giving that much OBC. How many days?? For instance be sure and click thru because Carnival says "up to $160" on a 5 day but the small print says "$100", so its misleading if you dont click thru and click on only the price that you get the OBC with, you dont get it with all prices.

Nope, won't work. We are in a 4A [lowest]and the cash back offer is for 4J [highest]. Categories that you are booked in have to be the same, so no dice. For our cruise on Conquest this Sunday this is what Carnival is showing with cashback offer. The sale is supposed to start Tuesday but some cruises like ours are already is the system to book.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=GAL&itinCode=WCL&durDays=7&shipCode=CQ&subRegionCode=CW&sailDate=11/1/2009&sailingID=52647

I clicked on your link and the 4A shows as $549, not $399 .... so you wouldnt be any better off with the price... I knew they wouldnt offer that much cash back with a $399 rate ... I dont see what you are seeing. I see a different rate is $399, not the cash back rate.

Try and click thru yourself ... you will see it would be $150 more pp, or $300 more to get that cash back.

In the few minutes since I posted the link the cash back offer is now 549.00. WTH. I firmly believe that carnival has changed to so many categories to prevent people from getting a lower fare after booking with ES. I did book ES and have tracked prices for weeks. Any lower prices for insides were not for 4A they were for other categories and Carnival would not give lower price or onboard credit, or let me upgrade to a higher category. The rules state if your category has a lower price then you can apply for the difference, 4A has never had a lower price because they were sold out. This is what I mean. If I had booked another way and saw that a 4C or 4J was offered for same amount or less than I could change but not if you have ES.

In the few minutes since I posted the link the cash back offer is now 549.00. WTH. I firmly believe that carnival has changed to so many categories to prevent people from getting a lower fare after booking with ES. I did book ES and have tracked prices for weeks. Any lower prices for insides were not for 4A they were for other categories and Carnival would not give lower price or onboard credit. The rules state if your category has a lower price then you can apply for the difference, 4A has never had a lower price because they were sold out. This is what I mean. If I had booked another way and saw that a 4C or 4J was offered for same amount or less than I could change but not if you have ES.

If you saw a 4J for $399, with $140 cash back ... Id have given up that 4A in a heart beat and changed to the 4J and gotten the cash back.

Iv never seen a cash back offer that good, thats why I was questioning it. They go by the bottom line amount, so you can still get OBC with a cash back offer if its net less than what you paid...just never saw one of these that was that cheap with the cash back.

I called carnival because I couldn't understand how the price could have changed that quickly. The 4J had only one cabin for 399.00 plus 140.00 cash back, #7206. When it was gone then the pricing went back to starting at 549.00 plus 140.00 cash back for insides.

Archived