3 Day Sale Starts Tuesday

gargoyle999

firefly, please explain to me how I could have done what you say. Carnival says I could only work within the category of 4A booked with ES. If I wanted the 4J and we cruise in 6 days it would be a cancel 4A with all of it's penalties and then rebook the 4J. If it was 4A with cashback then I would have been able to get onboard credit.

firefly, please explain to me how I could have done what you say. Carnival says I could only work within the category of 4A booked with ES. If I wanted the 4J and we cruise in 6 days it would be a cancel 4A with all of it's penalties and then rebook the 4J. If it was 4A with cashback then I would have been able to get onboard credit.

The boards ate my answer .. going to copy and paste and try again.

You can always upgrade or move sideways with ES bookings for no fee and of course you dont have to cancel. Its been posted again and again on here, and Iv done this 3 times myself with no problems.

4J is a higher category, so if its cheaper, move up, no cost. ... if the price is $399 what you paid... if not then you have to pay the difference.

I called carnival because I couldn't understand how the price could have changed that quickly. The 4J had only one cabin for 399.00 plus 140.00 cash back, #7206. When it was gone then the pricing went back to starting at 549.00 plus 140.00 cash back for insides.

wow, sounds like a typo to me, I cant believe they would give $140 cash back at that rate. Too bad you didnt change cabins and snap a screen shot of the rate ...

I didnt move fast enough when a rate 3 categories above mine went down (mine was sold out), and lost out once too, rate was only there late at night, poof the next day, and I waited to have my PVP look at the open cabins ... sorry.

I cant believe they would give the whole cash back for the $399 rate, wow.

I saw that 4J for 399 with $70pp cash back. Somebody got a deal! It was really tempting to grab it myself, but I already have a B2B coming in 2 weeks on Ecstasy, and I have to get some work done SOMETIME! It would have made a B2B2B with an overnight break to do laundry. :D

I saw that 4J for 399 with $70pp cash back. Somebody got a deal! It was really tempting to grab it myself, but I already have a B2B coming in 2 weeks on Ecstasy, and I have to get some work done SOMETIME! It would have made a B2B2B with an overnight break to do laundry. :D

Im still thinking it was a typo, and someone saw it and upgraded FAST and gave up their 4A. I would have in a flash. Thats why a 4A is now available on the cash back option (and they raised the price when they saw it).

I would have rather had that 4J with a window up front on a higher deck, you betcha.

I just put my $500 deposit down through my TA and final payment isnt due until next week. Then this "sale" shows up and this particular promotion (in my situation) would drop my costs quite a bit.

I plan on calling my TA soon but I was wondering if it is within the terms of service/agreement if I could get this rate even though I had already booked. I am still currently within my "non penalty" phase.

Any insight on what questions to ask would be greatly appreciated.

No 7 days included out of Galveston at all. :cool:

You might want to call Carnival if you're looking for a deal. We just booked the Conquest sailing on Feb 28th for $399pp. We got an email about it last week from our PVP. We thought it was a great deal, so we took it (the whole family 2 adults and 2 kids totaled $1459 with taxes!)! Although, whoever got the $399 rate AND the OBC, got a REALLY great deal!!! --Katie

I just put my $500 deposit down through my TA and final payment isnt due until next week. Then this "sale" shows up and this particular promotion (in my situation) would drop my costs quite a bit. .

Are you booked early saver or another rate?? that determines how you would proceed. If early saver, then you have to figure the net, bottom line amount and the difference and you can have your TA fill out the form for a price drop for the difference.

If you are another rate, then just cancel and rebook, easy.

No 7 days included out of Galveston at all. :cool:

Check again, I just got a 30 per person drop on our cruise May 2 out of Galveston. Our aft wrap is now a 9c and the price went down.:) I just got off the phone with my PVP and she said she will submit the paperwork tonight.

You might want to call Carnival if you're looking for a deal. We just booked the Conquest sailing on Feb 28th for $399pp. We got an email about it last week from our PVP. We thought it was a great deal, so we took it (the whole family 2 adults and 2 kids totaled $1459 with taxes!)! Although, whoever got the $399 rate AND the OBC, got a REALLY great deal!!! --Katie

Katie,

Is there a special fare code for the $399 pp rate to show up online for the 2/28 sailing you are talking about? I can't see it online. My PVP also left me a message but I was trying to see it online as they are closed now. Any help is appreciated.

Teresa

Katie,

Is there a special fare code for the $399 pp rate to show up online for the 2/28 sailing you are talking about? I can't see it online. My PVP also left me a message but I was trying to see it online as they are closed now. Any help is appreciated.

Teresa

My PVP also emailed me that rate and said it wasnt a posted rate, so you probably need to talk to a Carnival rep direct, even the 800 # should have it if its still available. I have a cruise end of Jan, and two between now and then, and decided I dont want to get burned out.

My PVP also emailed me that rate and said it wasnt a posted rate, so you probably need to talk to a Carnival rep direct, even the 800 # should have it if its still available. I have a cruise end of Jan, and two between now and then, and decided I dont want to get burned out.

Was your emailjust for the 2/21 & 2/28 dates, or any others?

wow....was that for the Conquest for 7 days?

Yep, several weeks in a row, it got that low.

Was down to $289 the week the swine flu hit, for a last minute cruise.

Of course Triumph Dec 12, was down to $299 for Texans a week or so ago, for a 7 day out of New Orleans.

Thanks to the original poster on this thread. I had booked the Miracle for March just two weeks ago via Carnival. I wound up upgrading to an obstructed balcony with a TA who was offering double OBC's so my net per person is now $20.00 less for the balcony. Looking forward to my cruise...now just got to get my roommate healthy...she had another bout of cancer...we need prayers. Thanks again, Lydia and Mary

Katie,

Teresa

It was not a posted rate online. You will have to wait and see what the PVP says. I hope you can get a good rate! --Katie

Archived