Featherdale Park wins hands down

mochuck

A number of Americans have come here asking which is better - Featherdale Park or Koala Park. I had never been to Featherdale before but had been to Koala Park a number of times. I have previously commented that Koala Park looked shabby and there wasn't that much there, but I had never actually been to Featherdale.

Yesterday I took some American friends to Featherdale and it is just fantastic. There are heaps of koalas, you can see them much closer up than at Koala Park. They have a couple of them out for you to take a photo with them (who are awake!). Also there are echidnas, wombats and lots of other weird looking animals and birds.

Featherdale is $22 compared to Koala Park which is $19.

Also the American friends I took were a couple I met on CC's roll call for our last cruise

I haven't been to Featherdale in years but how much closer can you get than koalas walking down the path WITH you at the koala park?

We stood next to and cuddled the koala they were feeding at the koala park (or were we just lucky?)

I haven't been to Featherdale in years but how much closer can you get than koalas walking down the path WITH you at the koala park?

We stood next to and cuddled the koala they were feeding at the koala park (or were we just lucky?)

I like Featherdale, its a family type place, the Koala Park was specifically created targeting Japanese visitors many years ago and I have not been since a month or so after it opened so can't comment on it now (like Featherdale though they are both miles away from the standard tourist places and you can't get there by ferry). You can cuddle koalas for a couple of bucks at Taronga, and it is seriously a place any animal (or photography) fan with time on their hands visiting Sydney should spend 4 or 5 hours...

Sayaguru - I do think you must've been lucky. At Koala Park they have very specific koala feeding times, whereas at Featherdale, they have so many koalas they always have 2 available for feeding and "cuddling".

Globaliser - you can't actually pick them up (who would want anyway - they pee all the time). Cuddling really means you can get up clsoe and pat them

Archived