'Majesty' pot bust

jleq

Lissa and Tonia -

Actually one of the special needs adult group on board the Oct. 17 cruise did pass away Friday evening. He was 57, had various health issues, and felt ill during dinner. He passed away in the infirmary. The other problem which happened Sat. morning was that another younger man in that same group had a medical emergency. He had a history of seizures so that may have been the problem. We were talking with some people who were familiar with the special needs adult group and found out what had happened.

Oh how sad!! They were so sweet too. Many would come up to our little group and talk to us.

We were in St. Thomas and they busted 10 people in five cabins for marijuana. They knew the day before when we were on another island, but waited until we arrived in USVI and the number of law officers, dogs and DEA was unreal. This was on our deck just a few doors down. We never realized that they do indeed patrol the halls with dogs, but it must be in the wee hours.

Never heard of k9 dogs living on the ship. Your neighors were probably smelling up the ship and someone complained...security was called and when back in the US, the dogs brought on the ship to find the evidence.

Dogs will find what they are trained to find...no matter how you wrap it, bury it, hide it; doesn't matter...they will find it.

BTW, I was approached by my Jamaican room steward once in my younger, single days. He had pot to sell. I do believe it was 2002.

Never heard of k9 dogs living on the ship. Your neighors were probably smelling up the ship and someone complained...security was called and when back in the US, the dogs brought on the ship to find the evidence.

Dogs will find what they are trained to find...no matter how you wrap it, bury it, hide it; doesn't matter...they will find it.

BTW, I was approached by my Jamaican room steward once in my younger, single days. He had pot to sell. I do believe it was 2002.

I have. On one recent cruise we took the passengers were informed that there were "service animals" on board, and they didn't mean seeing eye dogs for sight impaired passengers. We were instructed to not interfere with them while they were performing their duties. The ship had a lot of spring breakers on board, and there were times when the odor of marijuana in the hallways was rather strong.

I have. On one recent cruise we took the passengers were informed that there were "service animals" on board, and they didn't mean seeing eye dogs for sight impaired passengers. We were instructed to not interfere with them while they were performing their duties. The ship had a lot of spring breakers on board, and there were times when the odor of marijuana in the hallways was rather strong.

Definitely, I agree. During Spring Break, NCL security really steps it up.

Archived