MDR table charts

AndyTheK

Does Princess have or post table charts for the Traditional MDR on the Coral? The reason I ask is because DW navigates inside the MDR on crutches, and so a table which is a long walk from the entrance is not really suitable for us. I know that I can "talk to the Maitre d' " on embarcation day, and will if the location isn't good for her. However, if we knew that the table location was suitable, I would not have to wait on the (presumably long) line just to find that out.

TIA.

Shalom, Andy.

Does Princess have or post table charts for the Traditional MDR on the Coral? The reason I ask is because DW navigates inside the MDR on crutches, and so a table which is a long walk from the entrance is not really suitable for us. I know that I can "talk to the Maitre d' " on embarcation day, and will if the location isn't good for her. However, if we knew that the table location was suitable, I would not have to wait on the (presumably long) line just to find that out.

TIA.

Shalom, Andy.

Well, the chart of the dining room in the deck plans on Princess.com are fairly accurate, but they don't have table numbers. I don't believe that you can acquire a chart beforehand. It does seem that talking to the Maitre d' is the best course of action. On embarkation day, there usually is a table set up outside Sabatini's or the Bayou Cafe and there will be folks there that can assist you.

Thanks, Rick. As I wrote, of course I know I can ask the maitre d'. I wasn't looking to know before we board, but some lines post a chart that you can look at oin the wall near the DR. What I meant was a chart posted on a wall somnewhere so that if it's OK I don't have to wait in the line to see him.

Shalom, Andy.

Isn't there a special needs in the cruise personalizer you could make this request?

What request? We don't know if we HAVE a request until we know what table we were assigned to and where it is in the DR. We won't know that until we embark. Requesting a "table near the door" is not exactly what we want (we had that once and it was awful!!). On all our other cruises, the assigned table suited us without a change.

As my walking difficulties have increased I have found that the wonderful table at the back of the dining room overlooking the wake is not the treat it once was. What we do now is go to our assigned table the first night (if using traditional) and if that is not going to work then we stop and speak with the maitre D on the way out from dinner. This way there is no long line and as I am even worse standing in one position than I am in walking it works for us. I hope this helps.

As my walking difficulties have increased I have found that the wonderful table at the back of the dining room overlooking the wake is not the treat it once was. What we do now is go to our assigned table the first night (if using traditional) and if that is not going to work then we stop and speak with the maitre D on the way out from dinner. This way there is no long line and as I am even worse standing in one position than I am in walking it works for us. I hope this helps.

Holy traditional dining, Batman! Why didn't I come up with that solution! WONDERFUL. I know what you mean by getting more and more difficult (DW is a PPS'er) yea by year.

Shalom from Tel Aviv. Andy

Archived