Best short itinerary?

Hi,

We (DH and I) are thinking about taking a short 3-4 day cruise (possibly 5) in the Caribbean/Bahamas this December. Which itinerary do you guys suggest? We have only cruised once before - on the Freedom, Western route. We're from Michigan, so would have to fly down unfortunatly. But we are hoping to keep it as inexpensive as possible. Just want a quick getaway from winter weather and was wondering which options will give us the best bang for the buck. Thanks!

I suggest that you opt for the 5-nt itinerary on Navigator OTS out of Miami. It goes to Cozumel and Belize, with two sea days. Interior cabins for January 25th start at $309 pp. That's a great price. My main concern with the 3- or 4-night itineraries is that they don't travel too far from south Florida, and if you hit a cold spell in Florida like they had last winter, you will not have very warm weather on the cruise, which is the reasons for your trip from Michigan in the first place. This 5-nighter will get you a bit further south and you will have a much better shot at nice weather. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful mid-winter escape!:) If you do opt for a shorter cruise, keep in mind that south Florida's weather between Christmas and approx. the 3rd week of February can be cooler.

Karen

I suggest that you opt for the 5-nt itinerary on Navigator OTS out of Miami. It goes to Cozumel and Belize, with two sea days. Interior cabins for January 25th start at $309 pp. .

Karen

and insides start at $269pp for Michigan residents Dec 14th......

to the OP,go to http://www.rccl.com..........do an advanced search using the Caribbean/5 nights/Dec 2009..........and dont forget to put in Michiagn and any other applicable discounts(senior,military,etc)....it will pull up 4 cruises with all the dates and prices..

I certainly would be in favor of the 5 day on the Navigator, either of the itineraries. Along the same line I would not, don't overlook the 4 day on the Navigator as well, if that would work better for you. Even though it only goes to Cozumel, I think of it as a real cruise. You get 2 real sea days and a nice port as well. On the other hand the 3/4 days to the Bahamas is either Nassau or the private island and not a lot of real time to enjoy the ship.

Archived