Half Moon Caye Massages?

AllenF

Thanks for the info 2 more questions do they do a hard sell like onboard for products?

My wife refuses to use the spa onboard anymore because of that she says it ruins her mood of being relaxed. So people from the ship do the massages?

Thanks for the info 2 more questions do they do a hard sell like onboard for products?

My wife refuses to use the spa onboard anymore because of that she says it ruins her mood of being relaxed. So people from the ship do the massages?

Although I don't know for sure, I would imagine the massage therapists from the ship are the ones that do the massages on the island. And I'd also bet they sell the same products on the island that they offer on the ship.

We were lucky that the gal that did our massages didn't put on the hard sell for the products. She offered them and we talked about them, but had she really pushed, we wouldn't have gone back for 2 more massages. I do understand why your wife refuses to use the onboard spa.

yes, the staff from the spa come on the island and they use the products.....same billing etc,. You know, i have not had a product "hard sell" or any sell offered by the staff for ages...however i do tip 20 percent. Elemis was available for a time at nordstrom; I can't buy anything anyway since i have to put stuff in checked bags and we are always so close to the 50 pounds. All we buy are experiences, excursions and photos. and very small things that sparkle!;)

My sister and I had massages the last time we were at Half Moon Cay. It was pleasant but.....having already been in the ocean and then lying on our loungers we had a fine coating of salt and sand dust on our bodies. Then, with the oils they use we felt like we were getting a scrub as well as a massage. Afterward, the sand clung to our oiled bodies. I wouldn't choose to do a beach massage again.

Although I don't know for sure, I would imagine the massage therapists from the ship are the ones that do the massages on the island. And I'd also bet they sell the same products on the island that they offer on the ship.

We were lucky that the gal that did our massages didn't put on the hard sell for the products. She offered them and we talked about them, but had she really pushed, we wouldn't have gone back for 2 more massages. I do understand why your wife refuses to use the onboard spa.

We had massage therapists from the ship do our massages, I doubt they would have local therapists available. We had no sales talk that time; when they have given me the sales talk on the ship I just politely say I am not interested. I have heard people even say before the start of the massage that they don't want a sales talk.

My sister and I had massages the last time we were at Half Moon Cay. It was pleasant but.....having already been in the ocean and then lying on our loungers we had a fine coating of salt and sand dust on our bodies. Then, with the oils they use we felt like we were getting a scrub as well as a massage. Afterward, the sand clung to our oiled bodies. I wouldn't choose to do a beach massage again.

We had a couples massage first thing in the morning; stumbled out of the hut and onto the beach. Ahhhhhhh....

We had massage therapists from the ship do our massages, I doubt they would have local therapists available. We had no sales talk that time; when they have given me the sales talk on the ship I just politely say I am not interested. I have heard people even say before the start of the massage that they don't want a sales talk.

That's good to know. :)

I hadn't thought about mentioning that we're not interested (in the products) prior to the massage, but that's a good idea.

Archived