Can Carnival change your cabin Catg?

CRUISING71

I orginally book on 8H, ES saver price. I have the email confirming our booking as 8H. I noticed the price drop, so I submitted the form for price adjustment. They email me back and said..I book on 8K?! uh?! So now I have to compare my price with catg 8K?! which mean 2 catg higher! Can Carnival change your catg booking?

Thanks,

Tibbie

You are not alone! Look at the posts about CCL changing the cabin categories. My 8G is now an 8N, due to it's location, and costs more. Does this mean it will be harder to get a discount or OBC with your ES? You Bet!:(

Im not sure what ship you are on ... but they have been changing categories on the previous two fridays it shows ... your cabin didnt change, just the category, its the same cabin.

Next Friday, among other ships, is Triumph and Ecstasy, which affects my bookings. There is a thread with the schedule and when each ship will be changed.

To be fair they SHOULD at least be honoring the category that your cabin was originally booked under. ...Not to say they will actually do that.:mad:

I don't see easysaver as worth the trouble anymore.

the category the OP booked under might be a entirely different category, so how could they match him to a different category now?

Its not a upgrade either as someone else posted ... they just changed the names of the categories. he still has the same cabin.

the category the OP booked under might be a entirely different category, so how could they match him to a different category now?

Its not a upgrade either as someone else posted ... they just changed the names of the categories. he still has the same cabin.

Fire...you are correct, I still have the same cabin..they just change the catg on us.

The categories have changed, but the room numbers are the same. Whatever category your booking online says it is would be what you would check. My cabin was a 7A, now it is a 7C. But they are still the same for when I check pricing. Now I check a 7C, my sister had an 8D which remained an 8D.

Fire...you are correct, I still have the same cabin..they just change the catg on us.

Fill another form out even if the first one was denied I did and got my OBC. The reason why I did is because I'm doing a B2B they both dropped one claim was approved & one was denied because of catagory change, Well I knew somebody was wrong because I have the same room too.

Good Luck!

After reading this I just looked at they did the same for me ... Moved my

cat from 4F to 4G. Now looking at prices makes a difference. Looking at 4F my price dropped $105. But looking at 4G it drops $15, but 4G has $140 OBC. So its to my advantage. We have made a claim, we wait and see...

I am mad. I am now so sorry I booked ES they should have changed the categorys before they put the ES in place.

They have changed them before when they changed all the 6B cabins that faced the front, and when they eliminated all the 5A cabins, no one complained then, but they changed them before and since the ES. They changed them before that when they went like princess, and middle of the deck became more expensive. We used to know which deck you were on by the letter, now not so much.

They will change them again Im sure if they have done three big sweeping changes in less than 2 years. Why expect this to be the last change to categories?

I just want to confirm that if my original booking was for a ES 4D and my cabin is now been changed to 4E I should check price drops for the 4E cat and not the 4D?

Some on the first day of the changes, got by with submitting a claim on the old category. You might have gotten one thru like some did on the suites, but after that they dont seem to be doing it any more. Now you have to use the category you are now booked in and compare it with the current price for what you have.

To be fair they SHOULD at least be honoring the category that your cabin was originally booked under. ...Not to say they will actually do that.:mad:

I don't see easysaver as worth the trouble anymore.

When they reclassify cabin categories, it affects all price points, not just the ES.

Archived