A2 Owners Suites

realent

Of the 6 A2 Owner Suites which one would you pick and why? What do you think about where the balconies well be? Are they going to be where the solarium's are but just open air? What about cabin 17033. What is that thingy that looks like it could be elevator access? or is it just an extra space inside the cabin?

I have 17030 reserved but wish I had more info on what the differences are. Please Help!

Of the 6 A2 Owner Suites which one would you pick and why? What do you think about where the balconies well be? Are they going to be where the solarium's are but just open air? What about cabin 17033. What is that thingy that looks like it could be elevator access? or is it just an extra space inside the cabin?

I have 17030 reserved but wish I had more info on what the differences are. Please Help!

If my only choice was A2 I would choose either 17007 or 17004. I'm not sure what the 2 poles are that looks like its in front of the middle 2 suites. Based on the picture below, it appears the solarium is in the middle between the bedroom and living room and not near the other open balconies but I could be wrong

We have booked the A3 (open air balcony) and just can't wait to hear more about it. :D

200x120_EPIC_DeluxeOwnerSuite.gif?scale=100

Good choice on 17030. That would be my first choice, also. 17033 would be my second choice. I'd stay away from 17032 & 17035 until I know what those posts are and how they block the view from the OS.

I may be wrong, but the deck plans show that 17030, 17032, 17035 and 17033 are the only A2's that have open balconies. I think that the forward Owner's Suites, 16002 & 16005 are marked as A2, but I believe they are A5 (closed balconies).

Looks like the balconies on all eight OS's are between bedrooms & living rooms, see:

http://www.ncl.com/csimages/454/243/layout_owners_lores.jpg

The forward OS's have closed balconies, aft have open. The forward OS's on deck 16 have little sliding windows in the balcony. If you look carefully, you can see them here: http://epic.ncl.com/the-ship/

If my only choice was A2 I would choose either 17007 or 17004. I'm not sure what the 2 poles are that looks like its in front of the middle 2 suites. Based on the picture below, it appears the solarium is in the middle between the bedroom and living room and not near the other open balconies but I could be wrong

We have booked the A3 (open air balcony) and just can't wait to hear more about it. :D

200x120_EPIC_DeluxeOwnerSuite.gif?scale=100

Oops, I booked in A2 not A3.

BarbCT605 is correct, Here is info I found on the categories:

Category A2 Suites feature an open-air balcony while Category A5 Suites feature an air-conditioned solarium.

Category A3 Villas feature an open-air balcony while Category A6 Villas feature an air-conditioned solarium

It really looks like they are far larger then poles and do in fact contain elevators to get to the courtyard levels from the pool deck,

2u41p53.jpg

Good picture. I would definately chose either 17007 or 17004 because of the elevators.

I was wondering if my cabin would have sliding windows in the solarium. I would have loved to book an open balcony suite but with 4 year old twins, I chose the solarium.

A design change has been done. All the closed balcony suites will now have sliding windows.

There is one other important piece of information. We have been working with the shipyard on putting a sliding window onto the closed balconies. At this point, we are confident this will be done so the closed balconies will actually be able to be open or closed. They will be very nice. You will have the option of closing if it’s too windy on sea days or opening when in port or at slow speeds.

We booked in 17030 for the 9/25/2010 sailing. This will be our first NCL cruise experience. DH and I wanted to have a corner suite and from the deck plan it looks like we will have a wide view of the ship. It would be ashame if it's obstructed since the view is one of the most relaxing part of any cruise. I'll be sure to include a comment in my review when we cruise.

Hi Nancy!

Hey, we're on the same sailing!!

However, we're in a Spa Suite! - it will be our first 'suite' experience!

I cannot wait!:D

Have you joined our roll call? It's pretty slow yet.. guess it's too far away!

Are you B2B the week before this-or after?

Hi Nancy!

Hey, we're on the same sailing!!

However, we're in a Spa Suite! - it will be our first 'suite' experience!

I cannot wait!:D

Have you joined our roll call? It's pretty slow yet.. guess it's too far away!

Are you B2B the week before this-or after?

Hi Pamela! Very cool... We will have to visit each other! I am going to have to get a pass to the spa for a day. I haven't joined the roll call but I will come on over. Thanks for reminding me. On the back to back I actually can't decide. I want to do it before but haven't booked it yet. I am going to book a group so I am doing some chatting with them.

See you on the roll call.

Any other thoughts on the A2's or other suites?

Hi Pamela! Very cool... We will have to visit each other! I am going to have to get a pass to the spa for a day. I haven't joined the roll call but I will come on over. Thanks for reminding me. On the back to back I actually can't decide. I want to do it before but haven't booked it yet. I am going to book a group so I am doing some chatting with them.

See you on the roll call.

Any other thoughts on the A2's or other suites?

YES! That will be fun to see each other's cabins!! Especially on the new ship. See you in a few hundred days! LOL darn, I sooo can't wait for this!

• 1 month later...

There are eight A2 Owner's Suites on the Epic. Two forward on deck 17, two forward on deck 16, and four aft on deck 17. The aft A2's have the Posh club directly above them on deck 18.

We booked 16003 for a back-to-back. This is a forward facing owner's suite. There are three sets of sliders that lead to an open inward balcony.

The two owner's suites forward on deck 17 forward have the enclosed solarium.

The four A2 on deck 17 face aft and overlook the pool level. The two inner A2's have dual elevator shafts that run from deck 15 to deck 18.

The Post club is directly above the aft A2's which could create a bit of noise between the activity up there and the constant motion of the dual elevators that run in front of the windows.

All four A2's facing aft on deck 17 have open balconies. The two outside ones could potentially have your balcony overhanging the edge of deck 16. I think the layout for 17030 and 17033 has the living room facing aft, the balcony in the middle and the bedroom toward the sides.

The two inside balcony staterooms, 17032 and 17035 give you a balcony view of the Garden Cafe. Remember that the Posh Club is directly above three of the four of these A2's. Ugh.

Statrooms 17004, 17007 (solarium), 16002 and 16005 (balcony) are forward A2's with only ocean ahead of you and to the side. Far more desirable, in my opinion.

Statrooms 17004, 17007 (solarium), 16002 and 16005 (balcony) are forward A2's with only ocean ahead of you and to the side. Far more desirable, in my opinion.

They have made a design change to the forward facing solarium suites and have added sliding windows to get fresh air in port or when the winds at sea are modest.

This will be our first time with an NCL provided bottle bar in our room. I heard you're offered 3 bottles of liquor. Any idea of brands? If you do a back-to-back cruise, do you get one set up for the cruise, or does it get refreshed on the 8th day?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have updated information on the A2's? In my opinion, the two exterior elevator shafts blocking the aft facing OS's (17032 and 17035) remains an ongoing problem for NCL. We booked b2b and those two suites are the only two that remain unsold for both weeks.

I did confirm with NCL that 16002 and 16005 (forward A2) have open balconies that face "caddycorner" port and starboard. They do not have sliding windows.

Archived