Guarantee Questions

My brother is considering joining us on our Dec cruise which would make our party of 3 into 4. The price of a guarantee is low enough that if we drop our aft balcony for 2 inside guarantee rooms then we will end up with obc which would be great. So I have some questions on the guarantee thing...

1. How likely would it be that we get rooms together or on the same deck? I've verified there are several inside cabins available next to each other.
  2. If the cabins are not together or on the same deck, is it possible to switch for no additional charge within the same category? This is assuming by that time there are still available rooms.

The price of an inside guarantee is $210/pp lower than booking a specific cabin which in turn saves us almsot $800 total. If we were to book specific cabins we will be even for 2 insides or add one inside guarantee and move one of our trio to the cabin with my brother for only $325 more.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

You can have the bookings cross referenced but still no guarantee they will be close to each other. If space is limited they may want to charge you to move your cabin since technically, you don't have a guarantee anymore. It depends on you, me personally don't care if I'm near others I'm traveling with, thats what phones are for.

If both cabins assignment are in the same category you can call in to RC, if booked direct or go thru TA if not, and get one changed if a cabin in the same category is available nearby the other. Go to a web site that shows more cabin availability than five in each category that RC shows to see if this is possible. IMO if you know what cabin you want it is more likely RC agent will do this for you but technically they don't have to. We've been able to change cabins in the same category for our last two cruises which were booked as gtys. IF both cabins are not assigned in same category, since they probably won't be on the same deck, this is less likely but could be possible depending if cabins of each category are on same deck, nearby and available. For example on one cruise with friends booked as Z gty, one couple rec'd upgrade to G category OV on deck 4 while other were assigned inside M on deck 8 so no way could they be closer. If the inside assigned had been a N category it may have been possible to get one near the G OV as there are N insides on deck 4.

Once you have been assigned a cabin for a gty booking your reservation and invoice, if you get or request another, shows the cabin # and category.

1. How likely would it be that we get rooms together or on the same deck? I've verified there are several inside cabins available next to each other. All depends how booked the ship is. If it's near capacity at the time qty cabins are assigned it will be very unlikely

2. If the cabins are not together or on the same deck, is it possible to switch for no additional charge within the same category? This is assuming by that time there are still available rooms. In most cases Guaranteed Cabins are not assigned until just before the final documents are issued. By definition, a Gauranteed Cabin Booking means you will get a cabin in at least the same catagory you've booked . You booking space on the ship on the basis that there will be unsold cabins when it comes time to issue the cruise documents. You might get upgraded. But you have absolutely no control as to location or if the cabins wil be on the same deck . You get what they assign you. That's the chance you take to get the savings. By the time you get you cabin assignment it would be too late to even attempt to change even if the cruise line will let you. If cabins next to each other or even on the same deck is critical to your travel plans , than maybe a gauranteed booking is not the right choice for your group. For what it's worth I have never been disappoint with a gauranteed booking.

Archived