Help Land Tours to supplement cruise

sparkers

I plan on taking RCCL Legend of the Seas cruise either Shanghai to Shanghai or Shanghai to Tianjin this summer. This is so far to go so I would like to add a land package that is inexpensive. This also might be a way to add the air portion on at a discount. Any ideas? I am also tempted to try to add on Bangkok but do want to control costs. My daughter wants to see the Great Wall which is why I am considering adding a lang tour. Any ideas out there? I'm sure others have tried to do this.

Thanks

Sparks

I plan on taking RCCL Legend of the Seas cruise either Shanghai to Shanghai or Shanghai to Tianjin this summer. This is so far to go so I would like to add a land package that is inexpensive. This also might be a way to add the air portion on at a discount. Any ideas? I am also tempted to try to add on Bangkok but do want to control costs. My daughter wants to see the Great Wall which is why I am considering adding a lang tour. Any ideas out there? I'm sure others have tried to do this.

Thanks

Sparks

We are flying to Bejing pre-cruise just to see the Great Wall. We made our own flight arrangements, hotel, and will be using China Highlights for a day tour. You should look at their web site as they can do a package for you and have been recommended on this board.

• 1 month later...

Hi Sparks

this will be very easy to do with the help of a tour operator. We have done this many times in Asia. We have used Tour East (5 star service) here in Canada (I don't know where you are from). But as mentioned above China Highlights is excellent to deal with or you can even check with Abercrombie & Kent (if you desire luxury) or even Globus. Just tell them what you may want to do and what you need to do.

You definately should not miss Beijing. The Great Wall will far surpass many of the things you will see on your cruise. Many independent guides are available for a lot less than the companies. Go to trip advisor.com for more advice. We used a wonderful guide, Victor. His email is sina88@chinapeace.com. We paid less with Victor, and learned more than any ship tour would have ever taught us. His english is excellent.:)

Archived