Getting to/from Vancouver airport to the hotel/Canada Place

pappy3393

What have people done to get to and from the Vancouver airport to either a hotel or the cruise ship area (Canada Place)? I looked into a "limo" but it is $90+ (Canadian). I have 4 people in my group and we will stay in a hotel the night before the cruise but go right to the airport after the cruise. Is the best bet a cab?

We took a cab from he Canada Place area to the airport--I don't recall the cost, but it was reasonable. It was, in our case, just myself and my wife---with 4 people and luggage you might want to take two cabs, which I think would be less expensive than the limo price you quoted.

We used Limojet Gold in 2003 and were very happy. We'll be using them again this year. With 4 people, and their luggage, I think the limo is the way to go. It will probably cost less than 2 taxis and there was a long, long, LONG line for taxis after the cruise and we just hopped right in the limo. There were people looking for a limo to the airport rather than wait for a taxi. The dispatcher at the cruise terminal quoted them more for the 1-way than we paid for the round trip. There are a variety of limo companies and apparenty some cost more than Limojet.

Yes, it is more to go to/from the cruise terminal as Canada Place has a fee for commercial vehicles to enter the terminal - which of course is passed along to the passengers. If you go to/from the Pan Pacific hotel (just an elevator ride upstairs to street level) it is less expensive - $5 CDN??? each way. So our ride to the hotel (we stayed at the Pan Pacific pre-cruise) was less than our return to the airport. I haven't decided if we'll trek upstairs for the return this time.

It is less expensive to book the round trip (rather than 2 1-way trips) once you get out of customs at the airport (just follow the info on Limojet's website, it is done at the Visitor Info booth). You'll need to tell them what time to pick you up for the return and if it will be the cruise terminal or the Pan Pacific.

DH knew we were taking a limo to the hotel, but he was expecting a van 'limo'. He was stunned when I walked up to an actual limo and the driver started putting my luggage in the trunk. DH thought I had approached the driver to ask directions to the van. :D

4 people can have an awful lot of luggage, there were 4 of us and no way could we have put it all into a cab. The limojet service is right outside the baggage claim, very easy to use. When we returned to the airport, our hotel ordered a van-taxi to pick us up. Not the same elegance as the limo, but it is only about a 25-30 minute ride.

Just a note, when you are disembarking and if you are going straight to the airport, the taxi-van line is always shorter than the regular taxi line, but we had to wait a much longer time for the van. It looked like the limojet line was moving quite a bit faster. Of course, any line I get in is always the slowest one.

Archived