Ultimate ship's tour

RASHOPPER2

I did the UST on the CB this summer. We were not allowed to bring cameras or hold anything in our hands. We were not able to go into the medical center because there was a patient there. We did have a ladder to climb behind the sea witch. Otherwise, it was as described. I loved it, but I don't think I would spend the money on it again. As gifts, I received a bathrobe, a chef's jacket, personalized pad of paper, and about 10 great photographs.

We were not allowed to ride on the stage elevator though (insurance reasons, we were told)

Our tour on this part included riding the stage elevator from below the stage up to the stage, just like the performers do during a show.

They were getting ready to debut a new show that night and had the stage already set up so we could not ride the life down and up, we had to walk!

It sounds like they make minor tweaks to the UST depending on circumstances but mostly the tours are the same. On our tour some people got frames and others did not, we have no idea why this happens and assume it is just random.

Amelia

Do you get to see the ships engines on these tours?

No, just the control room for them.
On some ships, particularly those with a diesel engine, you do get to see it as it's at the top of the ship. The ships with these engines are those with the fake turbine decorations on the top of the ship.

When my husband saw me reading this thread his eyes lit up. Is there any way to pre-book this tour prior to boarding? I'd like to arrange it ahead of time and surprise him if possible. Sounds like something he'd really enjoy!

No way to book in advance. Just head for the Purser's desk ASAP after boarding.

Archived