Crusing from the West Coast

stvntra

Hi everyone! Can someone please tell me what cruises (if any) can be taken (4-5 nights) from places like Seattle, Portland, San Diego, Los Angeles, etc.? My husband and I have 2 free plane tickets and are thinking of flying to the West Coast for a short cruise - (we have been married 12 years today) but we're not sure what cruises would be possible from there.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

The Carnival Paradise goes to Catalina and Ensenada out of Long Beach (which is near the Port of Los Angeles).

Some of the cruiselines have repo cruises that may be short in length. Those are just in late September and early May.

Was there a time of year you're thinking about?

Hello,

There are a lot of possibilities on this, the left coast. I do suggest though that you consider a 7 day cruise. The shorter cruises tend to be real party cruises and some aspects of this may not be to your liking.

I agree that San Diego is a great port all around. There are lots of nice hotels and restaurants here, and lots of things to see and do. A bonus is that the airport is at best 15 minutes from the cruise terminal.

I also agree that the Radiance is a very nice ship, and an excellent value. My DW and i spent 29 days on the Radiance in April/May 2009 - from Buenos Aires to San Diego.

Thanks everyone for your advice. My husband has been to San Diego and LOVED it there and has always wanted to take me. We love the longer cruises but only have time for a shorter one this trip and plus we were thinking about MAYBE staying an extra day or two before or after the cruise in either San Diego, Seattle or Portland. Have a great day and a great weekend! Happy Halloween! :o)

At the end of the Alaskan cruise season (late September thru early October), several of the lines hang around and do 2 to 4 night cruises from Seattle/Vancouver to Victoria and Nanaimo.

I have gone on one the past 2 years on Celebrity out of Seattle. Fantastic time!

May 6, 2010 - Coral Princess has a 4-nights repo from LA to Vancouver, stopping at Victoria, B.C.

May 9, 2010 - Golden Princess has a 5-night repo from LA to Vancouver, stopping at Catalina, San Fran and Victoria, B.C. You can add one more night at the end and sail back to Seattle, making this a 6-nights and ending your trip on May15.

May 14, 2010 - Island Princess has a 3 nights repo from LA to Vancouver, no stop.

Thanks everyone for your advice. My husband has been to San Diego and LOVED it there and has always wanted to take me. We love the longer cruises but only have time for a shorter one this trip and plus we were thinking about MAYBE staying an extra day or two before or after the cruise in either San Diego, Seattle or Portland. Have a great day and a great weekend! Happy Halloween! :o)

I've done a couple of the Repo cruises (LA to Vancouver), and even though they are shorter I haven't found them to be real "party" trips. The short cruises to Ensenada, etc out of LA are more likely to be that way. You can also occassionally get a cruise out of San Francisco, and sailing out under the Golden Gate Bridge is wonderful, plus all of the great things to do in SF.

Have a wonderful time!

What time of year were you thinking of going? If in the winter, then San Diego or L.A. would be the best, not much out of the northern ports that time of year. Some say the short cruises on Carnival are 'party' cruises, but that's just not true, we've been on 4 and 5 day cruises from L.A. and San Diego and if you pick one during the week, they are just like a regular 7 day cruise. Carnival Elation does a 5 day to Cabo, but only until next April.

Archived