PRINCESS AIR TO lhr

portsleft

Has anyone used Princess air to London. How did they route you ? We are on the Golden Princess 7/1/05. We currently are booked with Princess but are closely watching BA and NWA from Detroit. The rate at the present time are almost the same. We worry that Princess will route us to their advantage not ours.

Has anyone used Princess air to London. How did they route you ? We are on the Golden Princess 7/1/05. We currently are booked with Princess but are closely watching BA and NWA from Detroit. The rate at the present time are almost the same. We worry that Princess will route us to their advantage not ours.

It's not a worry, it's a certainty. Unless transfers are the driving factor, I'd go with your own booking.

Unless you book custom air (and pay the difference in fare), you are at the mercy of the cruise line. They book THE CHEAPEST seats available, sometimes with lots of weird connections. Cruise lines also do a lot of consolidations (everyone from everywhere in the US ends up in NY or Boston), then charter airline to the cruise departure.

Book your own air, fly in a day early, and RELAX. You can often book something like Virgins Vacations, go-today.com, AA.com vacations, get a package deal (air AND hotel) and save money. BA is running a great sale now from NY to LHR, with hotel for about $300.00. Even if you don't use all the hotel days, you have still saved money.

Questions? You may email me for suggestions. greatam@earthlink.net

We currently are booked with Princess but are closely watching BA and NWA from Detroit. The rate at the present time are almost the same.
A very personal opinion: if you can get BA for the same price as the cruise line, but also retain control of when and where you're flying, I'd jump at that. You would, of course, have to consider whether you're going to lose any of the assistance which the cruise line would give, eg transfers and so on. But if that doesn't faze you, my advice would be to go for it.

Archived