When stopping in Cabo Twice ??

MizDaisy

I saw that Itinerary and wondered the same thing.. I was going to call the cruise line and ask them just how that was going to work. My question is can you spend the night in Cabo if you want, or do you have to get back on the ship for the overnight sailing..

Cabo has a fun night life and it would sure be nice to not have a curfew..:D

The ship CANNOT stay at anchor overnight. It has to weigh anchor. The sea state can change significantly from one day to the next. If things got rough and the ship had to get underway, there would be no way to pick up passengers who are still ashore. There are always a few who risk staying ashore, but if the ship could not anchor the next morning, you'd be getting home on an airplane (at your expense). Better have your passport with you if you want to try this stunt.

Bet bet is to see Cabo. Decide you like Cabo. Come back for a land vacation in Cabo. We love it there, so we visit not only by ship, but we also own a timeshare in Cabo.

Bet bet is to see Cabo. Decide you like Cabo. Come back for a land vacation in Cabo. We love it there, so we visit not only by ship, but we also own a timeshare in Cabo.

Very good advice SD. I fell in love with Cabo when I visited on the Elation several years ago. I've returned on a couple more cruises and have since bought a timeshare there. I love cruising because it allows me to see where I'd like to return on land vacations.

Have you heard of TUG (Timeshare Users Group). TUG is a message board and is to the timesharing community what Cruise Critic is to the cruising community. A great resource should you ever have any questions or advice for others.

You mean tug2. Yes, and others like redweek, holiday group, san francisco exchange, even ebay.

We will buy our second week in the resale market that way in the future. Plus it's also a great way to get a rental from an owner because 7 days always seems to go by too fast.

Are you on the tripadvisor Cabo forum as well. Great forum for Cabo fanatics.

You mean tug2. Yes, and others like redweek, holiday group, san francisco exchange, even ebay.

We will buy our second week in the resale market that way in the future. Plus it's also a great way to get a rental from an owner because 7 days always seems to go by too fast.

Are you on the tripadvisor Cabo forum as well. Great forum for Cabo fanatics.

Yes, TUG2 is what I'm referring to. I purchased 3 TS resale on eBay and spent next to nothing on them. In fact, I only paid $1.50 (yes, you read that right), for my 2br Summer Bay in Orlando, Gold Crown. Seller even paid all transfer fees and closing costs. In Cabo I bought at the Hacienda Del MAr. Went with relatives who exchanged into the HDM and loved it enough to own there....but not at their prices.

Haven't been to the TripAdvisor forum. I'll check it out.

Archived