capri pants

silkismom

As long as they are not denim, made by a famous desiger and you buy them at Nordstorm you should be just fine.....just kidding. Actually I always wear nice capris with a cute top or a sundress for non formal nights. You should be just fine.

You'll see a lot of threads here about the dress code, and most of them get quite heated before they're finally put to rest!! Seriously, it seems to me that the main point here is the intent to observe the suggested dress code for the night, out of respect for your fellow passengers. A nice pair of capris with a matching or coordinating top will probably be just fine ---- a pair of everyday capris which you usually wear to the market is probably not appropriate. That's the difference and the point to consider here. If you feel a little dressed up, you'll be fine!!!

I notice that I'm the only Floridian responding here. Maybe we're a little more laid back/informal than most, which means YES..........Capri outfits are fine. We wear them to dinner at home, on ships, at resorts..........everywhere! Of course, not on formal nights. :)

Arlene

We just returned from the Grand out of Galveston (10 day cruise to the Panama Canal) and I work capris several nights. Honestly, I don't really care what the dress is for the evening. I try to go along with the suggested wear for the evening but I also figure I paid enough to go on this cruise and unless I'm in my birthday or bathing suit, no one better say anything to me!

We opted out one formal night and went to the Horizon Court and ate. I was surprised at the number of people up there doing the same as us!

I notice that I'm the only Floridian responding here. Maybe we're a little more laid back/informal than most, which means YES..........Capri outfits are fine. We wear them to dinner at home, on ships, at resorts..........everywhere! Of course, not on formal nights. :)

Arlene

Capri's are the Florida version of jeans--you are right we wear them everywhere.

Are capri pant outfits, coordinating top & bottom, ok in the dining room at night? Obviously not formal nights, but regular nights?

Thanks for asking the ? I have worn them on Carnival but, wasn't sure about Princess either. As I have not lost all my weight from my 15 day cruise and the Holidays, they are what still fit:)

Archived