Internet Onboard Costs

tollfarm

There's a one time $3.95 setup fee and access is $.75/min.

If you buy a package you can get 100 minutes for $55...

:)

Doesn't make any difference if you bring a laptop or use the onboard machines... the price is the same...

:)

The duration of your sailing will determine the packages you are offered. On shorter sailings (3-5 nights) typically the MAX # of prepaid minutes will be 60. The cost for that is $24. I should know, I purchased at least FOUR of those packages on our B2B Sensation we just got off of yesterday (YIKES)!

Tom

Ports always have internet access, and it is far cheaper than using Carnival. Carnival is via satellite of course and it can be slower than molasses on a winters day. The only time I use the onboard internet is to print out my airline boarding pass on the next to last day of debarkation. Costs me maybe $3.00.

If you want faster speeds on the shipboard internet, try using them around 6-6:30am and the middle of the night. The rest of the ship, internal departments, etc. use the same bandwidth on the satellite. More users, less bandwidth. Worst time to use it is between meals when the entire wait staff is off duty. The ship's computers are a hair faster than a laptop, and the older your laptop, the slower it will be. Vista seems to work faster than XP, at least in my experience.

Thanks for the info on the charges for internet services on Carnival. A couple of questions.....can I use my notebook in my cabin if I've paid for the access? If not, where would I have to go to use it?

Some ships have bow to stern wi fi and some dont. I dont know which ship you are on. some said they didnt get very good reception in their cabins and had to go elsewhere. You can go up to the buffet, the promenade or any place, but I think the closer to the internet cafe, the stronger the signal ...

My answer is depends on the ship.

• 8 months later...
Does anyone have anymore updated information about internet costs or is it pretty much the same as listed above?

For latest info, go to the Carnival FAQ at http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx. Type "Internet" in the search and select the FAQ titled "If I bring my own laptop, do I need to pay for the internet service onboard?" This will give you all the info about the internet cafe and what you need to know. (Edit -- I just noticed that FAQ is on the Most Popular list so you don't need to search.)

Here are all the packages listed. Did anyone else notice that internet packages on the Dream are different than on the other ships?

Longer Cruises (6 days and longer)

• 250 minutes for $100.00

• 100 minutes for $55.00

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

Shorter Cruises (5 days and shorter)

• 60 minutes for $24.00

• 30 minutes for $16.50

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

Carnival Dream (all itineraries)

• 480 minutes for $159 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 240 minutes for $89 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 120 minutes for $59