Help.....I"m confused.

hockeyken

:confused:

BACKGROUND: Decided on a med cruise for DW and my 30th anniv.Looked around and found 2 excellent cruises with what I consider equal itineraries: Nov. 11 from Barcelona with RCI and Nov. 10 from Venice with Princess. Definitely want a suite as this is a very special occaision.

QUESTION: Is it just me or are suites on Princess priced way out of line? For example: on RCI (I have never sailed either line) I can get a Grand Suite for $8,800 $CDN (for 2 )very extensive perks including priority boarding/disembarking, reserved show seats, extra room service menus, concierge lounge access with free drinks and snacks and more.

On Princess a mini suite with no perks at all is $7500 ( for 2) but then the price jumps all the way to $14,000. for a VS suite. There is absolutely nothing price pointed between $7500 and $14,000 ??? Am I missing something? By the way, the RCI Grand Suite is 385 sq/ft with a 110 sq/ft balcony ( although the cabin I chose is an oddball with a 200 sq/ft balcony).

Something seems off here, and I hope maybe experienced Princess cruisers might help clarify this.

PS: Please do not present "persuasions" based on food or service...these are too subjective. And I am NOT being critical of Princess...just enquiring.Thanks to any who reply.

I looked at one website and the price difference was not as dramatic as the prices you have, but Princess is still higher.

From what I can tell, RC doesn't offer nearly the same level of perks that Princess does, but has a few things that Princess does not offer. It looks like the Princess suites are larger, and the nice thing about the Princess suites is that there is are two distinct rooms that can be separated with a curtain. The RC GS is essentially one large room.

I don't think the comparison between GS on RC and VS on Princess is really apples-to-apples. GS is more like a big minisuite with some additional service Princess doesn't provide, but isn't as large as or have the same perks as a VS.

We have had both full suites on Princess and sailed in a GS suite on RCI (in fact, we have had a GS suite twice on RCI for a total of well over 30 days in the past). All I can tell you is that the GS couldn't hold a candle to the amenities and design of the full suites on Princess. There was absolutely no comparison at all in the two.

Yes, Princess full suites are quite pricey, but they are worth every penny.

Here is a link to the full suite and mini suite perks on Princess: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk Although, since this list was published, Princess has added even more full suite perks to the list. Things such as Breakfast at Sabatinis for full suite guests only.

Just an FYI-If you find a good discount TA, you can probably take at least $1000 off that full suite price. ;)

Archived